Stevens Transport FAQ

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Corporal_Clegg, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    fmann2012;QUOTE:> And why do they show a video with a company driver wakeing up at his house and his truck in his driveway???

He's an Alliance driver coming off home time. Alliance drivers get to take their truck home, company drivers don't.

That video takes 'cheeziness' to a new level, but like Emul says it is a recruitment video so it's going to be birds chirping and pianos playing.

TRKRSHONEY and agreentrucker86 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moe Rhonic

Moe Rhonic Light Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Des Plaines, Il
    Why would it be mandatory, if I already have my CDL...There's no way I will ever be applying for or receiving a Texas CDL permit, let alone CDL.

4. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    If you already have your CDL, some of this won't apply. Depending how long it's been issued and you haven't driven, you may be required to complete a refresher course, which is the same course as someone first getting their CDL except the acutal testing at DMV. This means if you got your license two years ago, but haven't driven, you'll need to learn all about air brakes, slack adjusters, etc all over again...just not test out.
    If you have recent experience or your license is within the last 6 months, they'll probably take you directly into O-1.

5. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    Well I can take that if they are "operations" types and not Office Orifice, I just bumped Stevens Transport to short-list of 10 to work as I have extensive field-operations but near-zero hours in-cab ( maybe thousand miles or so in a 45' van body from a freight-line -> I hauled elephants and equipment ) so since in the last few hours I saw a posting with Stevens Transport branding on one of the "find a trucker-job" stating would take zero-miles and since I have CDL in hand with tanker & triples but the yard I am interested in wants some DOT regulated driving history .... I got some opinions but mostly those .....

anyway it is not so much that I want to sit and listen to several hundred hours from someone who has never been in operations so much as it is I am scared to miss chances for Key Energy and as well when that is over if I started with OTR or somewhere around that the list of companies that would interview me expands .... even if only by a few - so with 22 years stated on your side-bar and 4-stars showing I ask you what are the actual chances for me at Stevens Transport given that I am clean on DPS and already hold valid Class-A CDL / Texas?....

Some of what I had in mind is going to need HAZMAT & B.A.T.F. clearance, which I do not even know if that is the agency to study

6. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    All of the persons in the training dept, as well as many regulating depts are former drivers. For those of you at Stevens already, did you know that Kat, Bonnie, Donna, Randall, Adrian and Kip all drove for the company? Many more as well.
    They don't just teach. They walked the walk first.

nicholas_jordan Thanks this.
  7. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    As did Corinna, William,Bill, Melody, Harold, Dave, and believe it or not...Scott.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  8. ookinggood

ookinggood Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I went to stevens for six months and came home to work local. Do you thnk stevens will hire me back i have a great driving record and n tickets.

9. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    probably. just re apply. there are a fair amount of drivers that return to stevens after having left. So long as you left without incident, you are probably good to go.

10. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    My nephew would like to work for Stevens. The problem is that he lives in Alabama, and Texas will not issue out of stae residents a class a cdl. How ever the recruiter told him since he has a brother that lives around Austin that after training Stevens would route him to Austin if his brother would go with him to the issuing office, and say that he lives with him and get his license changed to Texas for his class a. Maybe someone can explain this better just how Stevens works this out for out of state residents.

11. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Texas has changed their residency requirements for obtaining a Texas license.

Out of state students used to be able to use the hotel as a residence but this is no longer possible. So using his brothers address as a residence will get him around that. So he would need to change his license to Texas and then go to the school and upgrade it to a class A

Emulsified Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.