Stevens Transport

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by jthighfield, Jul 4, 2007.

1. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Tolls are reimbursed with proper receipts for company drivers.

Stevens is self insured for workers comp, hurt on the job, you will be treated in dallas for your entire recovery, and be put on limited duty, on the yard.

Yes there is a pay difference, based upon verifiable experience. what it is I can not tell you.

that is all the knowledge I can pass on. Call recruiting and ask.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    In addition to TLea's answers...
    There are so many variables in questions that you need to call the recruiting office with specific questions. I can tell you that there is higher pay for experienced drivers with verifiable records. It will depend on your case. I came to Stevens with plenty of experience and after training (yes, I had to go thru their training program) I was paid more than new drivers. Not as much as I'd have liked, but certainly more. I did decide to go the Alliance route which has worked well for me.
    I can tell you that Stevens is square with drivers as to reimbursements. If they promise to pay, they will pay as long as you have reciepts. This includes tolls, lumpers, products for the truck (oil, windshield cleaner, antifreeze, etc). If you have a question, ask. If you go the Alliance route, those costs are mostly covered by you. There are SOME exceptions, but you can learn all about it BEFORE you decide to go the Alliance route.
    Equipment is excellent. Maintenance is excellent. There are problems, but they take care of them. I think TLea would agree the biggest maintenance problem is getting approval to change out a trailer tire when you're out there. They eventually do it, but sometimes you have to get safety involved.
    Stevens is a safety conscience company. This isn't hype. They will demand you run safely and legally. They allow you to plan loads so delivery is doable (so long as you aren't shut down by weather or whatever). If you keep contact with your DM regarding delivery, you won't be charged for failure.
    Being a success in driving is largely attitude, tenacity and commitment.
    Good luck in your choice.

pagan22 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.