Stevens Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by trainee, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Sheknitz

Sheknitz Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Olalla, Washington
    This is insulting to ALL truckers' wives.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Stevens has only one terminal, Dallas, TX. Laredo is a drop yard with a couple of showers. Anything else listed on their web site is also a drop yard, and shared with other companies.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  4. GrizzlyMan

GrizzlyMan Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Graham, WA
    Been there, done that. But my ex was cheating before I ever started driving a truck. We went through counseling , and she had an affair with the therapist. (no joke) I thought we had eliminated those problems once again when I started suspecting another one. So I drove 1700 miles straight through and pulled into the driveway. It was so tempting to continue driving right over the top of his Jeep, through the garage and into our bedroom. (I think my Classic could have made it all the way to my bed, but our kids were in between the driveway and our bedroom) Yup, that was the end of the marriage. Throwing my best friend out in the backyard naked and going after him with a shotgun was the best part! (The cops getting called by the neighbors, however, was not...)

5. MPWarrior2000

MPWarrior2000 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Thank you for the opinion. I am beginning to come to the same conclusion. A higher cpm is fine, but worthless without the miles. The other concern I have is hometime after the training period is over and I am in my own truck.

6. halfburn

halfburn Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by halfburn [​IMG]
    Good. Some drivers when they start out think it will be good fun to sneak in and surprise there wife and all three of them are surprised.
    It is good fun on the cb so I thought I would try it on the forums. It is actually something that was told to me when I started out and it has worked for me. If you think about it giving plenty of notice on coming home is considerate and shows trust. I have been told time and again I did not need to do it but I always did. Plus if somebody has been drinkiing your beer and messing up the bed it is nice to come home to a stocked refrigerator and downy fresh sheets.

7. luni

luni Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    florida
    were you suppose to take a week of classroom session before you go with the second trainer? The dumb and dumbmer class was taken before going out again.

8. Sheknitz

Sheknitz Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Olalla, Washington
    I can understand having fun on the cb and I can also understand giving the wife a head's up so she can restock the fridge, etc. But that's not what the post said. As a trucker wife myself, it is offensive as written. Hearing the intent makes it clearer but does nothing to alleviate the negative tone.

9. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    Lord its amazing how easily hurt(offended) our culture is nowadays. Truly is becoming a country of whiners. Really sad when typed words hurts someones feelings.

10. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Well lets look at it this way if you were the wife and another driver is accusing you that everytime your husband goes out on the road you're cheating on him. Will you be offended?? I know it's just words and stuff but some people take it differently i guess.

11. sw1241

sw1241 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    If you never thought about doing it or never had done it then you are in a diferent group than the ones who did and need not take offense at the words!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.