Stevens Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by trainee, Jul 10, 2007.

1. FozzyBear

FozzyBear Heavy Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    All good, halfway home. Stopped for the night, got about 550 miles left to go.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luni

luni Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    florida
    I now have a date with my retraining.Still long ways off since I don't get laidoff until October.The date is November 3rd.
    Because I was out of trucking more than 5 years, I am required to do the whole training over again eventhough I still have my CDL.
    I like this forum of mature group of drivers and people. Keep up the good forum.
    I really don't have alot of options who I can drive for until I regain my experience. The school I am going to let me drive their truck just to see if I lost any skills. I really haven't. just rusty with the down shifting.

At this time only Werner,Covenant and Stevens will hire out of Miami as far as I know. Eventually I will move to Ocala which should give me more opportunities. But for now I will have to accept whoever.
    Fozzy reports are excellent on Stevens, but I may want to try another company that is not a reefer company. I already drove for Stevens. I will like to try another company and maybe in the future I can share the comparison with Stevens.

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    glad to see fozzy hopping along in his endeavors.

and as for the trucker's wife that took offense to the fact that not all wives are that way. that may be the case. and i don't think it was intended to offend. but it IS true fact. and it happens all too often. i remember stopping in denver for fuel and a shower. and a driver talkig about his company not letting go home for christmas. he only lived 10 miles away and was 48 hours before he could pick up his load. his company wanted him to stay with his truck. well, we pulled into denver the day after chrismas and he was on the phone with a lawyer filing for divorce. apparently he did go home to surprise the wife and kids. the wife and 3rd other were most defenitly surprised. and he didn't even bother looking for the kids.

it's not intended to be offensive. but it is a harsh reality. and it's not just truckers. but truckers are at the biggest disadvantage. most of us would agree that it should be all about trust and what not. but trust is a hard thing to come by. and i don't think ANY man or woman wants to live there lives not knowing whats really going on. specially when the other half is away trying to support his house.

5. NORTHSTAR66

NORTHSTAR66 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    paducah, ky
    He can make big bucks right here at stevens.

6. destamator

destamator Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Aurora,C O
    Stevens "offered" me a job, I'm schd. start CDL class here in CO (i'm paying for it myself) on Mon, but will have to pay change it to a TX one in a month or so and then back later? Is this correct?

I'm going to get my CDL reguardless but just wanted to get this clarified. Does this happen with other carriers when you go to their states for orientation?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  7. NYTXN

NYTXN Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2009
    East Meadow, NY
    Hey Global, thanks for the info. Question on the payback though. If someone actually "reads" the contract will they see the part about the 36 month obligation or is it hidden within some mumbo-jumbo.

8. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    I went to CDL school in Casper, wy. got my WY CDL where i live, then went to Dallas. You Will not have to change your license to TX and then back. The only people who have to go through the change are those that go to The Stevens School.

Check into the tuition reimbursement too. Bring paper work that shows exactly how much you paid for your school, and Stevens will pay $25.00 per week until the tuition is paid or until you are no longer employed by Stevens, which ever comes first.

9. destamator

destamator Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Aurora,C O
    Thanks for the responce!
    The local school is a "recruting center" for them so I feel ok with everything I've read & heard so far. I do/ will retain all paperwork.

I'm excited to start the next chapter in my life, I was an estimator in commercial construction for the last 10yrs. Needless to say it's down to almost nothing now, a repeat of city growth as I knew is never gonna happen so now is the time to move on. Been looking for work here in Denver for 9 months with nothing, not even a sniff.

Maybe we'll have a chance meet when I come down to the big D.

Thanks Again!
    destamator

10. IRISH PAPA

IRISH PAPA Light Load Member

May 18, 2009
    milledgeville , ga
    no as long as you have your cdl it dont matter what state it is.we let me rephrase that once you get your class a cdls you have 30 days to change them over to your home state. i hope that helpes.just hang in there with stevens it will be hard at times but you will learn alot,and remember attitude is everything keep a positive one and you will do well,they took great care of me...good luck:biggrin_25519:

destamator Thanks this.
  11. FozzyBear

FozzyBear Heavy Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    I am at home.YAY!!!! there will now be a brief intermission. I'll be posting more when I get back to it. I may pop in occasionally, but I'm out for now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.