Stevens Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by trainee, Jul 10, 2007.

1. FozzyBear

FozzyBear Heavy Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    I don't have a truck as yet, I will be taking extensive pictures when I get one assigned (for documentation purposes) I will post some pictures then. If the truck has an APU it will have an inverter, I don't know what the policy is if you don't have an apu, but I'm sure you could use one that plugs into the 12 volt socket. No pets.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyBear

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    I spoke to the Iowa DOT this am, was told it is just $40.00 to transfer my cdl to Iowa, but if I want to add the Hazmat endorsement I have to take all testing again including the driving test? This makes no sense to me. I may go tomorrow and get it transferred and then go back the following day to add hazmat, doubles and tanker(just so I will have them.), since then I would just be adding endorsements to an Iowa license. I don't know if that will fly but I thought I'd give it a try.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Thanks fozzy for the update. I appreciate the input and update on your situation.

KH

5. FozzyBear

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Headed back to Dallas this morning. Stay tuned.

6. firecat5

firecat5 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Illinois
    Hope to hear from you soon. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

7. bill327

bill327 Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2009
    lancaster ca
    Just finished reading the entire post, thanks! I am starting with Stevens on Aug. 24. It is a economy inspired career change! Keep posting the information is very helpful, any info on the "stuff to bring" would be great.

8. FozzyBear

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    There is a post somewhere with lots of suggestions on what to bring. My experience is that less is more. Bring 8 days worth of clothes and be prepared to do your laundry. Try not to load yourself down with stuff you think you might need on your own truck. I ended up sleeping with 2 duffel bags and a laptop case for 45 days. This time I got it down to one duffle and the laptop case. Just remember that once you get your own truck ask to be sent "by" your house, don't ask for "home time", and then you can load up all the stuff you want. If your loved ones can handle it, do all the training before going home. They will give you your truck and send you out with a load(s) to get you home and you get 7 days off.

Also be aware that it can be tough to get back to the yard after you fufill all your reqs on the first training. I had to hop a plane from NM to get back so I could go home.

Back in Dallas now, sitting in the hotel looking forward to an early evening. 5 am comes early.

The Challenger and bill327 Thank this.
  9. bill327

bill327 Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2009
    lancaster ca
    Thanks, I'll be following the your posts. All the different posts I read here indicate it is all about your attitude, if you keep it positive and understand the lifestyle you are choosing it can be a good experience.

"wheres the challenge in a smooth path through life"

10. Kiwicraig

Kiwicraig Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Tauranga
    Great post FozzyBear. Informative and inspirational! I am looking forward to the next installment with much anticipation!!!

11. FozzyBear

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    2 days of OR2 hell. I am worn out. I'll try to post some details in a day or two. Passed my road and backing tests. One more day, then I have some items to clear before I can be dispatched out for finish training.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.