Stevens Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by trainee, Jul 10, 2007.

1. FozzyBear

FozzyBear Heavy Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    My face book user name is kenneth.mclane for anyone who wants to friend me there. Add a note that you are from here. Thanks.

hunter0307 and ringo43 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

rookietrucker Thanks this.
  4. kjpm67

kjpm67 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2008
    midland mi
    TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  5. jjoystealth09

jjoystealth09 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2009
    lancaster, pa
    Hi guys and gals, I just applied with Stevens and am thinking that this is the company for me. Does anyone have any information that i should know about before I make my final decision. I am a newbie. Thanks guys and gals in advance for any support you can give.

6. ringo43

ringo43 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Hey Fozzy or anyone else that knows the answer.
    I hate to play dumb, but what are the 5 test in the Texas CDL book that you will have a written test over? I thought there were only 4.
    Thanks,
    ringo43

7. ringo43

ringo43 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    hey jjollystealth. Fozzy has posted his entire experience with Stevens Training. Start from the first of these threads and he pretty much explains it all. They are great post. Also, global has some great ones also. When are you going to training at Stevens?
    Be Safe,
    ringo43

8. jjoystealth09

Jul 8, 2009
    lancaster, pa
    I just put my app in I said i could start Sept 1 but most likely won't start till the week after if my app is approved.

9. ringo43

ringo43 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    I am suppose to start on Sept 7th. Did you get all of your questions answered on fozzy and globals post on this thread. They explain it well. Also they have both been great to answer any questions that you may have.
    ringo43

10. jjoystealth09

Jul 8, 2009
    lancaster, pa
    Yea I just finished reading the entire thread. I am really hoping i get the phone call tomorrow telling me to pack my bags and be at the greyhound station. Maybe we will be in class together. Thanks for pointing out the thread to me.

11. boogdaddy

boogdaddy Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Southern California

Hey Ringo-

They are very specific about which tests you take and where you take them. I got this info from the hiring seminar I went to last week-There are actually 6 written tests you have to take at the DPS.

The first test you have to take is over Chapt 14, for you permit. You can take this at any location in the Dallas area. They ask that you take your permit before you arrive at school if possible.

The next 5 tests all have to be taken at either the DPS location at NW HWY & Jupiter Road in Dallas, or the one at Beltline and I-30 in Garland. These are the 2 closest locations to the school, and they are very specific about this. These 5 tests DO NOT transfer from any other location!

In any order, you have to take:

Chapter 6-Combination Vehicles
    Chapter 2-General Knwledge
    Chapter 9-HAZ-MAT
    Chapter 5-Air Brakes
    Chapter 11-Pre-Trip Inspection

Hope this helps
    Boogdaddy

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.