Stevens Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by trainee, Jul 10, 2007.

1. FozzyBear

FozzyBear Heavy Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    They put us up in an extended stay hotel, got a kitchen, dishes etc. right near a restaraunt row. I just hear it is a lot of hassel all around.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FallsInc

FallsInc Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Ohio
    this is the truth... getting into canada is the easy part. getting back out is much more difficult. you have to deal with clearance bar codes, faxes ($), tolls ($$), roaming phone calls ($$$), canadian money as change wherever you shop... e-manifests, quebec, lots of wasted and unpaid time working, truck and trailer inspections, freight inspections, customs, special seals, ct-pat... i could go on!

you will be better of staying in the states if you can... trust me.

revslev Thanks this.
  4. FozzyBear

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Day 4

Our main trainer is a real funny guy who uses his humor to teach. He does get serious about some things though, mostly when it comes to us not paying attention. He had a bunch of the guys going when he walked us over to a trailer, told one of the guys to open it so he could throw his cigarette in, then told us it was loaded with sailboat fuel. People actually started moving away.

Today was driving(shifting) the course. I suck, but it was my first time ever. My left leg is dying! I ended up in a truck by myself. I also hit a barrel. I told Terry, and he said I owed Mike $250.00 for a new barrel, needed to take the truck to the body shop to have the white from the barrel taken off. Then he asked me if I filled out an accident report, when I said no, he said "remind me in the morning, you will". I probably will as I will have some hands on with the report in case anything happens down the road. After all, all knowledge is useful. Tomorrow is more parralell parking and shifting practice.

5. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Glad your working Fozzy and wishing you the best. Keep on letting us know how it goes.

6. FozzyBear

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Day 5
    I may never walk again. I drove a truck today with my eyes closed, downshifted and came to a stop. Figured out my main error was hitting the throttle too soon after shifting. I need to work on only raising the rpms the correct amount so I'm not wasting fuel. Tomorrow is trip planning and map reading. Monday and Tuesday we will be doing the same course with trailers. We have been bob tailing it so far.

7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I posted a sarcastic comment in your other thread regarding this topic, but here's my serious response:

I run short-haul southeast regional and deliver every morning around 7 or 8. I'll usually then have a short deadhead, make a pickup by early afternoon, to bed by 7 or 8 pm and get up by 3 or 4am... just like clockwork. Mostly...:biggrin_25525:

Sometimes a monkey wrench gets thrown into the works, but not often enough where it makes a difference.

Maybe it's the fact that I don't do a whole lot of grocery warehouse loads... where they have odd delivery times like 23 o'clock in the morning.

Small world, eh? I transplanted to Alabama after living in Midland for quite a few years. I just happened to notice that's where you are from.

Say hi to Frosty the Snowman for me... I don't miss him a bit.:biggrin_25525:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
  8. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    Good luck but I dont know what your talking about 15 hours and regs.You can drive from Iowa to Alaska non stop if you feel froggy and you have broken no laws in you personal vehicle.:biggrin_255:

9. primexample

primexample Light Load Member

May 16, 2009
    az
    yea 350 per week and you can unload if your trainer has time some tyson loads pay $350.00+ to unload and break down the cases on different pallets.for adout 3hrs of work thats dam good money, and exercise you can almost make more unloading than driving.I use to do 1 load a week.cha - ching$$$$

10. FozzyBear

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Sorry, it's called sarcastic humor. I wasn't serious.

11. FozzyBear

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Today we got to drive the track with trailers on. Shifting went much better today and I think I have parallell parking down. Tomorrow they are going to tighten up the course to see if we can turn well enough, Wednesday we head out into the streets.
    :biggrin_2551:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.