Stevens vs Roehl

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by redsox508, Apr 12, 2018.

1. redsox508

redsox508 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    I'm looking to get my cdl license though the program at one of these schools. I narrowed it down to these two. Stevens already accepted me I just need to let them know when I'm ready to go. Roehl is still processing everything as of now. I really wanted to attend Millis in north carolina since I'm in Massachusetts and that's the closest school to me but they were making me jump through hoops just to even see if I'd get accepted there. It's funny I gave them all my W2s from past 3 years but yet recruiter told me I have a 10 month gap in employment when I've never been out of work that long. I guess they will hire ex cons and felons but yet make the average Joe show them the inside of their ***hole just to get approved there. I'm getting off topic here though so anyone with recommendations between stevens or roehl please let me know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlexinTarzan

FlexinTarzan Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR
    Avoid Stevens like the Plague, Stevens and CR England are bottom of the barrel. Try Prime or Millis Transfer. PATIENCE in checking these 2 out will benefit your checks in the long run.

Puppage and redsox508 Thank this.
  4. redsox508

redsox508 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Thanks for the reply but after recruiter at millis told me either I jump through more hoops and send her same info I already gave her on my w2s (except this time I needed the exact day I started and ended at each job since 10 months ago which is ridiculous) or she will decline my app I said you go ahead and do that. So millis is out of the question and honestly I could care less. I'm sure there are plenty of companies that don't make you do half the crap they do to go to their schools.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    If sending required paperwork for a second time throws you into a tizzy, you’re gunna have a tough time in this industry. I wish you luck and GO YANKEES! :)

SuperRookie and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  6. redsox508

redsox508 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    It wasnt just that part of it. I'd have no problem getting that info she requested. The fact she said to me I have short job history and she's not 100% sure I'd get accepted due to that but yet still wants me to go through all the hassle of getting her all the requested things doesn't make sense. I asked her if she could show her director my w2s and explain the situation and ask if I'd qualify for school. She kept responding to me like she was a big shot saying once again blah blah blah. I don't need a ##### with an attitude. Place sounds just from that experience alone that it's like you're joining the #### military. No thanks.

7. redsox508

redsox508 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    And I don't even have short job history. It's just I've been employed through a lot of temp agencies but still I've held down two separate jobs for 2 years a piece. I don't know why that right there doesn't show otherwise about my "short" history but its whatever. I'm over that school. I think I'm going with Roehl even though I heard Stevens has the better training school but not the better job part of it.

8. Kasper42

Kasper42 Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2016
    South Carolina
    Maj. Jackhole Thanks this.
  9. redsox508

redsox508 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    @Kasper42 they declined me all because last time I applied there they said I was good to go and I told them I needed to save up some extra cash before I went out there and I told them I still had to get my cdl permit and I guess they got mad over that because they had a spot for me. I just tried applying there again last week (last time I applied when all that happened was a year ago) and now they're automatically declining my app. What a bunch of ***holes

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Roehl does hair follicle drug test.
    Stevens does urine drug test.

redsox508 Thanks this.
  11. redsox508

redsox508 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    I already got accepted to Stevens whenever I'm ready to go. All they told me I need is about $200 cash saved before I go there. Yes I read reviews about them I heard all about how they don't pay that good but I also read on here they have one of the best training schools and just put in my year there and move on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.