Stevenson Transport

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by jakwon30, Jan 14, 2010.

1. gruntlcpl

gruntlcpl Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Little Rock, ar
    i am scheduled for orentation on febuary 28 but i have emergency family issues came up do you think i could back it up to march 7th

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    call them and tell them, they will usually work with you

4. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    WG i am interested in speaking with you more in depth about this, I to am a former business owner and would love to start and finish as a retired individual in 20 years as a Stevens driver, I got a call from Don in recruiting and he said he has been there since Vietnam... I said WOW! I was invited to go to Dallas and get my training or to go thru my local Community College and get my driving education. I am pre-qualified for training and it is totally paid for thru Mr. "O"s Go To college program. Tell me all I need to know to make the right decision. Thanks. TD (James Sanders)

5. Vegasdude

Vegasdude Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Everyone ive spoke to about L/O options say to stay away your 1st year. You are just starting out, you dont even know if you will make it out on the road. You should concentrate on becoming a better driver and learning the ropes, and you dont need the added stress of lease payments and fuel costs and all the other things associated with a lease. If after a year you still have the enthusiasm and know you like the job, then a L/O might be something to look into.

6. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    I will say as a Lease operator, if you have no business experience, and learning the trucking industry, stay away from the lease. Now if you have business experience, which is what a lease is, then go for it. A blanket statement does not apply to all.

7. christoff

christoff Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Houston TX
    Hello all im going to OT 1 in dallas oct 25th i have already passed all my test and have my cdl permit will i move faster thru the process ???

8. Clutch62810

Clutch62810 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Beautiful Buffalo N.Y.
    well the O/O gig has it's advantages yes as a once business owner how you do business can make or break you. to lease a truck is like paying to work with no residuals. here is the catch you can take a loan and get a rig clean but you have that monthly payment you're a slave to + maintainance costs. I sujest reading partners in business + overhauling mag. I have a game plan developed through such studies that in 3 yrs on the road I'll be an O/O with no loan payments.:biggrin_255: O and did I say hustle hustle hustle, one must be willing to give up something in the begining to reap the rewards latter a farmer will tell you you wont get corn unless you plant corn, so plant a O/O if you still think your up to it after you study that portion of the business. pay close attention too the maintainance the rig needs while your studing and saveing for your own rig. that will be yours when you go O/O, it's all in the book get it read it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.