Stony Ridge truck stop

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Gunner75, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Stony ridge truck stop Monroe Ohio

Only reason I stopped here was because I ran out of hours. I started looking for a spot back in Sparta KY, every place was full, and my company doesn't allow us to park on ramps, so I didn't have much choice. This place is far removed from being a truck stop. More like a #### hole alternative to parking on a ramp at 1am. Abandoned cars on the lot, one is a minivan that has makeshift curtains hung, obviously someone lives in it, or its used for "other services". Monopolising on the lack of truck parking this close to the city is disgusting when they have such a massive lot, even more so when you don't even have anything to offer like a decent place to take a ####. I got a trash bag and a 5 gallon bucket that's is a hell of a lot more inviting than this place. The mongoloid behind the counter had a stench that I could smell from the door and got worse the closer I got. Really should do something with all those funds they collect extorting drivers and do something with the place. I dunno maybe on a properly clean ####ter. I mean seriously I've dug outhouse holes that are more sanitary than this place is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    I thought they were closing the old Stony last year. Supposedly it's sold for a multi use industrial park and retail up front. That truck stop has been an eye sore, and a problem for a very long time. You're in my back yard a couple exits south.

4. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    No it's still here. Needs shut down, bought out, or rebuilt, place sucks. I'm pretty sure the only reason that it's kept open is because it's a positive revenue stream that doesn't require much upkeep.

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    That used to be a nice place back in the day , nice showers , good restaurant and a bar that was packed on weekends.
    The fuel islands closed about 15 years ago , then the restaurant went out , then the bar had a fire and closed .
    I haven't stopped there in years but it's been in decline a long time.

Bwbibb and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  6. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    The bar had a lot of problems before it closed, police always getting called out. It really needs to just close, what sucks is there really is no parking in Cincinnati left. They did just open a J over on 71, but there really needs to be another on 75. It was in the paper locally in the fall about it being turned into a light industrial retail development.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Is that the place with a hole in the bathroom wall big enough to roll a soccer ball through? Looks like a war zone in the "store"?
    Hey, at least they have free coffee! Or did last time I was there.
    I ran out of hours at the Home Depot DC in spitting distance of there, so no real choice. But I made sure I always had a choice if I was in the area

8. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I had to do a ten there once. I had no choice. I had 1 minute left on my 14. Oh how I wanted to make it 6 more miles to the Pilot north of there. I even had to pay 10 bucks to park!÷

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    That place used to to rock on Friday and Sat night in the 80s and 90s.

10. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cannot fully grasp the visual on this place without pics!! Pics of the store , or mongoloid, whichever you prefer.

11. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    It's still got fuel island. Like 4 pumps. And yes the store is more like a roach infested shack

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.