"Stop Engine Fault" Message

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by newbie.trucker127, Jan 29, 2013.

1. carogator

carogator Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2013
    South Carolina
    How do you get the codes without a reader? There must be a trick. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MobiusDiesel

MobiusDiesel Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2013
    You can get the codes from the dash diagnostics using the control lever on right side of steering column. Find the fault you want the code for and simply use the "enter" switch on lever. MID : SID: FMI: numbers will be shown. thats all you need.

On older volvo watch the amber or yellow warning lamps on dash when cycling ignition, count the flashes in sequnce and the fault codes will be in same order from MID: SID: FMI:

4. DechkoTzar

DechkoTzar Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Does the signal "Stop engine fault" mean that the truck will stop or that you need to stop? In other words, how far can I continue driving with the message "stop engine fault" (btw. it is 5246 0 code)?

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Nope.

IF the truck decides you are KIA, Dead, kaput etc in order to preserve itself... you got about 30 seconds before your thunder bird engine turns into a weak noodle and ultimately dies wherever you are at.

Always try to have her on good quality roadways with decent shoulders.

Remember a thousand pretrips on the same truck will make you intimate with it and when a tiny fault or otherwise detected something literally out of line.. before something happens. That will make you a valuable driver. Most humans don't care and they wonder why I feel hard towards them when they finally whine and weep on a shut engine.

In my day we did not shut down for nothing., Very rarely did we shut engine off. If we had to shut off, there is hell to pay from a intolerant dispatcher.

6. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Hi everyone. I just got that fault message with a red triangle and a warning buzzer while starting to drive from the truck stop today... i stopped right there and it went away. There are no engine fault codes currently.
    Does that mean that fun times are coming my way?
    It’s a 2015 D13 with too many miles.

7. Archidv

Archidv Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Check engine light on Code P040100.Can somwone tell me what the code is and if i can get back home to the shop.Thanks

8. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    That code is saying EGR Flow too low,
    hard to say if you can continue because without EGR flow your engine will generate more NOX and the Def system alone cannot drop the NOX at acceptable level. A engine derate code could happen in the next hours of operation. . . .
    Ben

9. Mota Santra

Mota Santra Bobtail Member

May 29, 2021
    Sa 16 DTC p004607 anyone knows

10. Mota Santra

Mota Santra Bobtail Member

May 29, 2021
    5DDC1FBC-E3FA-4EB7-AF9A-B6A78461673B.jpeg What is this code
    SA16 DTC p004607anyone know

11. Rob100100

Rob100100 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Possibly VGT function for the turbo. It means the vgt isnèt working. you need to have dealership run a test on the turbo actuator. sucks but hopefully it is the actuator and not the turbo.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.