Stop Light Problem

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mandeepsingh, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Not your DMV but your company will know, if they can find out your company name.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Sorry, that won't fly. Anticipation is the key. I may go a little faster to try and miss one, but there is that critical area where you can't make it. That's where you have to back off a little in case it changes. Once past that then go at it again.

4. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Here in Saskatoon , if the front of the truck was behind the stop line when the light turns red, then you are getting the ticket.
    If the light turns red after the front of your truck has past the stop line, they just discard the photo. The camera system would be tripped by the trailer as a separate vehicle, but they don’t count that.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  5. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    theres a traffic cop at a desk on the other end watching the camera on a screen ,he didnt see you because he was taking a nap so you should be good lol

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    As I understand your story, it was raining & you came upon a traffic signal which was green, then suddenly turned yellow, then red. Instead of hitting the brakes & chancing a slide through the intersection, you went through the red light & a traffic camera snapped a pic.

First, they dont look for a name on the truck. The camera is positioned to get a pic of the licence plate on the front of the truck. They then run the plate number & send the ticket to the company which the truck is registered to. The company looks up the plate number to see what truck its on, then see who the truck is assigned to. Then they take whatever action their policy calls for.

Second, it was raining..... you should have slowed to a speed appropriate for the conditions & so you can safely stop when approaching a changing light. If your going at a speed that will allow for the conditions, you should be able to stop before the light or if your so close that you cant stop by the time it changes from green to yellow, you should be able to get completely through the light (or at least your licence plate passed the camera view) before the light turns red.

Thirdly, I will say that some cities that use these camera's do set the light to change quicker than allowed by law & you can beat that ticket.

Based on your OP, you are a new driver. Use this as a learning experience. Adjust your speed to the conditions. Raining, slow down so you don't have to hit your brakes & slide, use your brakes to slow down & stop based on the conditions.
    You should know how quickly lights change from green to yellow to red. Adjust your speed to compensate for that.

baha, justa_driver and REO6205 Thank this.
  7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    We all run stoplights , it happens.
    Odds are you won’t get a ticket

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    here in my area, there is always a camera across the street that takes a pic of the front of the truck, and they even have a short video recording as well

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    well as i said in my first response...HERE it is a CIVIL offense, and you pay the fine...no DMV record.....however, fail to pay the fine, then you're in deeper crap....but that is HERE

10. nickst

nickst Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2016
    You'll be fine...everybody in here has run a light. We all have a commitment point once I reach mine I dont care what the light does.

11. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Really?

buddyd157 and nax Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.