Stop signing this stupid Sh...stuff

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by ttnae, Jan 4, 2020.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Thank you for informing us driver's on this!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Thats when the Black pen comes out of desk and marks out parts of contract before its sent back signed with a copy of it put in file, sometimes it comes back with broker just signing it and you P/U load and go?

4. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    That's just X1. Don't worry, you'll get used to him.

5. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Kind of like the uncle at Thanksgiving dinner

spyder7723 and Bakerman Thank this.
  6. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I don't have any uncles who talk that much, luckily.

spyder7723, p608, PPDCT and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    The insurance company would likely just settle. We fight them on unholy claims. They give us some latitude. It was our choice but it beats the hell out of a lossrun.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  8. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    LOL!!!! You are right but it seems that OOIDA and others are already looking out for us. 46 states have anti-indemnification statutes and of the 20 that I have read, all say that the contract will be unenforceable. Anti-Indemnification Laws, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association

stuckinthemud Thanks this.
  9. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    After what I've read in these "Anti-Indemnity" laws I'm going to ignore them since they are not enforceable. Good luck everyone.

10. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Yup. BUT, after learning that Indemnification clauses are illegal and unenforceable in most states, I'm not going to worry about that portion anymore. OOIDA Anti-Indemnification. Brokers should not be making promises to shippers that we would not make. They do this as a competitive edge but it only works if we accept it. Yesterday, I had to explain to a broker agent, her mistake in committing to a $25 hour detention rate from the shipper. I insisted that ours was $65. She paid it at our rate. She had previously agreed but did not want to keep the the promise after 4 hours. We all have to be careful. They will drive us out of business if we let them. YOU have the truck, not the broker. YOU are the boss, not the broker. Control your destiny.

11. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Sounds like the talk of business people and lawyers to me. Like I said in another post I stay driving because out of all of the different areas I have worked in driving is the easiest. Freight brokering is not as easy as it seems.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.