Stop Temporary Foreign Workers

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Runawayscreaming, Apr 4, 2013.

1. snapdragon747

snapdragon747 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2014
    And what would Canada be today if it wasn't for the British? American? I would like to point out that Canada was British and is still a member of the commonwealth. The queen of England is the head of state here. Canadians fought alongside the British in two world wars. Fighting for the right to be free to choose.

I want to live and work here and pay taxes etc. What is wrong with that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    There's plenty of people here that have class 1's but got out of it because of poor pay! We need the companies to understand they need to raise pay, not just go out of country and find people who will work for the cheap wage they want to pay.

Runawayscreaming Thanks this.
  4. snapdragon747

Apr 7, 2014
    Companies are always trying to pay less and make higher profits. Trucking companies are contracted by businesses that are always trying to lower their haulage costs to make higher profits and employees are always wanting to make more money. It is the way things are and always have been. If they could find a way of getting a computer to drive the trucks then they would in a heart beat and we would all be out of a job.

I would also like to point out that not all drivers leave the industry because of pay alone. Some can't handle the stress or the loneliness. Some don't like being away from their family.

Truck driver pay is far better in Canada than it is in the UK. Due to the current UK recession companies are now recruiting class 1 drivers for about $4. Above minimum wage. Drivers are moving in from high unemployment areas of eastern Europe and taking the jobs and Britain can't stop it because of European union rules. At least Canada respects its citizens and puts in rules and quotas that restrict the number of foreign workers allowed. It's very hard for British workers to emigrate here. If I was brown, wearing a diaper on my head or Chinese things would be so much easier

5. Runawayscreaming

Runawayscreaming Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Amiskwaciy Waskahikan
    Actually, that is not true. As far as the Government of Canada is concerned it's open season on Canadian citizens. No one is even keeping track of the number of Temporary Foreign Workers flooding into Canada. The Government of Canada does not know exactly how many there are. It could be 600,000. It could be a million. Who knows. Temporary Foreign Workers have replaced immigration as a means of entering Canada.

Have a look at the angry comments from Canadians in this news report about Temporary Foreign Workers yesterday:

McDonald's accused of favouring foreign workers

I believe a record was set for the number of comments received for a CBC news story.
    The comments are still coming in.

6. snapdragon747

Apr 7, 2014
    There will always be people /companies that bend /break the rules. There should be much harsher penalties in place for those that do so.

You can look at service Canada website for stastics on the number of tfw in the country. They must be correct after all governments never lie, do they? Lol.

Throughout history, Canada has relied on immigration to increase its population. Perhaps it's because you Canadians are not breeding enough?

And if you really believe that people should not be allowed to emigrate here, then perhaps all Canadians living outside the 'mother' country should be recalled forthwith. Perhaps if less Canadians were living in the UK then there would be more jobs for British citizens there.

7. Runawayscreaming

Nov 24, 2011
    Amiskwaciy Waskahikan
    That's not what I said. You are a fine example of an internet troll we can do without in Canada. Please stay away.

8. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill Heavy Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Alberta
    Actually, snapdragon is an example of someone that, while he doesn't own a business, he understands how business works and I, for one, hope he come and gets his citizenship and, if he so desires, starts his own business. Whether he drives for others or for himself, he will do well. If anybody is a troll here, it's you 'runawayscreaming'. You come across as someone that figures all your shortcomings are someone else's fault. What I don't understand is why you don't just do as your screen name suggests.

9. Runawayscreaming

Nov 24, 2011
    Amiskwaciy Waskahikan
    Ok, thanks for the personal development assesment but you may wish to look up the definition of internet troll.

10. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    I'll ask again snapdragon. If someone offered you .30/mile tomorrow would you take it?

11. snapdragon747

Apr 7, 2014
    I
    Whilst I am a class 1 truck driver, I also have a business degree and I am a qualified boat builder and carpenter. In 2000 I started a business making chicken houses in the garden shed. Within 2 years it had grown to a $3m a year turnover employing upto 50 people including 8 truck drivers. I sold it and went sailing.
    Immigrants like me are not a drain on the system, but are a benefit to the whole country. Canada needs people like me. people who pay taxes, contribute to the economy. I wish the Canadian government would understand this and realise that their rules should be more flexible. One size does not fit all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.