Stop Temporary Foreign Workers

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Runawayscreaming, Apr 4, 2013.

1. seabring

seabring Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    The only place I've seen people happy to work for the pathetic Canadian minimum wage is in the ski fields of BC. And that's just because they get free room and board to go skiing after work! And they aren't even TFW's they are young people under 30 years old on reciprocity working holiday visas from England and Australia. You redneck ####### here probably wouldn't even know what reciprocity even means!
    And now that there's a moratorium on the TFW program for the food service industry you will probably start complaining about how you had to wait 20 minutes for your Timmies double double, and it now costs you $5 instead of $1. All because the TFW's you hate so much got booted back home and Timmies didn't up the wages like you thought they would and now the franchisee is running the entire store on there own because Canadians won't lower themselves to that job.
    Get your heads out of your #####!

blackcrowntrans Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. seabring

Apr 24, 2011
    You're all no different to the Americans that complain about illegal Mexican workers. But it don't matter if you're in the richest neighbourhood of Manhattan or the poorest slum in the Bronx, if you buy produce at a store it is 99 percent certain a Hispanic worker grew it , picked it or packed it and a good majority of them are illegal aliens (probably the most racist terminology to call a person...an Alien ###!) . So complain away but your entire economy and country would be in dire straights without immigrant workers and the jobs they fill. You all got your heads so far up your ##### it's not even funny!

4. Raamman

Raamman Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    why do you ask such a question ? are you expecting someone to notarize and fax documents to you ? are you conducting an investigation ?

can you prove that you are not a just some malware infecting this forum ?

Runawayscreaming Thanks this.
  5. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Yea immigrants can have the crappy jobs min wage jobs, stay out of trucking and driving the industry into the gutter lol. Btw the name calling will get the thread closed. So cut it out.

6. seabring

Apr 24, 2011
    Good , this thread should be closed, it's full of racists and bigots anyways!

kachup Thanks this.
  7. seabring

Apr 24, 2011
    What do you know of the economy of nations or the ways of the world Nate? You're 23 years old, your mummy only stopped wiping your butt for you a couple years ago. You ever been outside canada? You ever worked in a foreign country? Can you even tell us exactly how the TFW program works? Stay in pre-school a few more years kiddo then come back with a valid opinion instead of recycling the same #### you hear others spouting off with!

8. nate980

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    You don't know me or what I've done in my 23 years....I know that when I went looking for a job when I got my licence there's nothing that pays in the lower mainland. East Indians have driven the industry into the gutter. There is no need for more truck drivers at tfw's. plenty have left the industry because of low pay and would come back for more money.

9. nate980

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Didn't you sell your truck because you weren't making money anymore?

10. seabring

Apr 24, 2011
    No, i sold my truck because of the California CARB regulations that excluded my year model truck from entering that state as of January 1 this year. Being that I hauled produce 99 percent out of California I was forced to make a decision. I didn't want a newer model truck due to the emission system issues they have and I didn't want a brand new truck either for the same reasons. Plus I was made a very reasonable offer on it at the time and sold it while I could. I was making money with it and doing as well as anyone else is on the highway hauling freight. TFW's or not , highway is not were the big bucks are in trucking and everyone knows it. There's plenty of foreigners in the oil patch where I have worked for the last 5 months and I had no problem getting a job last month when the contractor I drove for was dropped by the company he was hauling for. Plus I'm making better money now as well. There's plenty of non-resident immigrants working in this area and I'm still making great money and not worried about losing my job at all.
    I find this entire argument based around the TFW ruining the industry to be a complete load of crap. There's just as many white Canadian owned companies driving rates and wages into the ground as there is "new Canadian" companies doing the same.
    I have never had a problem getting or keeping a job in this country, I have never been passed over for a TFW , I have never been fired and replaced by cheaper labor. I have however started at the bottom of this industry and worked my ### off to get to where I am today. I started out in a low paying job and worked myself into a position financially and experience wise to buy my own truck. I ran that for a year and a half and sold it, I put a good amount of $ in my bank in that time. I took every seasonal job I could get pulling as many different types of trailers and cargos as I could to get experience in this industry. Now I have a an awesome job that's easy work and pays above average wages. I'm home every night and have the $ to enjoy it as well. I didn't just walk into this job, I earned it. It took me 4 years to get this far and I'm still working on it everyday to improve my position. Not too bad for someone who came to this country with $600 in his pocket 4 years ago.
    Instead of blaming TFW's for your apparent discontent in this industry why don't you earn your own way into a better position instead of expecting it to be handed to you right out of the gate? Or is that to much to ask ?

11. blackcrowntrans

blackcrowntrans Light Load Member

May 19, 2014
    Soo many smart ### people in this forum don't know why the f..... you trucking for when apparently you could have a better job since you know how the economy works and all that ####.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.