Stop Temporary Foreign Workers

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Runawayscreaming, Apr 4, 2013.

1. blackcrowntrans

blackcrowntrans Light Load Member

May 19, 2014
    Because its much easier to complain and blame everybody else instead of hard work and sacrifice

kw9's rock Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. seabring

seabring Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Well do enlighten us all on what exactly you have done in your 23 years. Aside from spending the first 5 behind the apron strings then the next 12 in school. What exactly did you do in the couple of years between leaving school at 17 and starting a truck driving career at 20 that expanded your horizons so immensely to give you the view of the world that you have at the present time?

4. blackcrowntrans

May 19, 2014
    Same thing he's doing now being a d-bag

kw9's rock Thanks this.
  5. seabring

Apr 24, 2011
    That's funny right there!

blackcrowntrans Thanks this.
  6. blackcrowntrans

May 19, 2014
    And true, hehehe

7. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Come live in the lower mainland and see what a #### show it is for trucking. It pays poverty wages. Just look at the last strike at the port. They drove the wages into the ground by constantly bidding cheaper until they couldn't make any more money. Then they strike.

8. nate980

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Btw, 2 years as an apprentice mechanic before I went into trucking. And I've never asked for a hand out of a better job. I've worked my way up to the point as my current job the owner recruited me from another company. I'm not best trucker in the world but in my 3 years I'd say I've done dam good from where I've started from, I'm just pretty much doomed to working in Alberta or northern bc.

9. blackcrowntrans

May 19, 2014
    "Doomed" that's probably how those migrant workers feel so they take any opportunity they can to be able to feed their families wouldn't you do the same

kw9's rock Thanks this.
  10. nate980

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    And companies prey on that. Why raise wages wen there's some poor sucker who will do whatever it takes. Instead they should raise wages to a liveable level for a local.

11. seabring

Apr 24, 2011
    And you think were I was first living in Manitoba is any better? Or Saskatchewan? There's no decent money to be made driving a truck anywhere but in the oil patch. Unless you get a sweet deal hauling fuel or a good hourly rate at a local gig. But those are the exception not the rule. Oil field or oil and gas industry related is the best place to make money in a truck period. We are an "unskilled" profession. If you choose to be in it then the onus is on you to go were you can make the best $.
    Last time I checked none of the 6 for hire grain hauling companies in my local area of Manitoba were hiring TFW's and there pay scale was lowball. The gravel hauling companies weren't hiring TFW's either and best you could do was $18 an hour there, then go find another job once gravel season is over.
    As I said previously, TFW has no impact on the industry as far as I have encountered. Most probably it does in some instances but if it's affecting you that badly then you need to improve your skill set to an industry that isn't affected by TFW's. Or go run for parliament and put your words into actions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.