Stop Temporary Foreign Workers

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Runawayscreaming, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Grimm 1

Grimm 1 Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Trucking should be a trade.It'll ebb the flow of TFW's.Driving should be compared to trades when it comes to pay. Can you name any trades where the workers pay fines or even have a monetary fine structure in place?

TractorTrailer and Rudester Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. R660

R660 Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Europe, Estonia
    As one said before you have a valid point. But in case if you run Canada-US and the payer is from the US then you are creating jobs / income for Canada. It´s called export of services. Only way it differs from let´s say export of financial services - is that it`s a low value service. Cannot make as much money as Switzerland by exporting trucking service :)

4. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    I'll make this short and straight to-the-point:

If you guys can't have this discussion without the bickering, and without resorting to the childish insults, this thread will be closed and some of you will be getting infractions.

Runawayscreaming, R660, Caluja and 4 others Thank this.
  5. pcfreak

pcfreak Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Here's something you'll find interesting. Look for a show called "Don't drive here". They did an episode in Delhi India. This is what they are bringing over to be "professional" drivers. I saw that and I was disgusted.

6 Speed Thanks this.
  6. 6 Speed

6 Speed Heavy Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    A steady stream of Russians also coming in via Canada.

7. pcfreak

pcfreak Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    If the Russians are anything like Ukrainians, I'd rather take them. Four wheelers are a little nuts at times.

I used to be very tolerant of people from the Middle East, but witnessing a lot of garbage makes one think that's all they are. Know a guy from Lebanon who runs one of the local pizza outfits. Good guy. Always wanting to hire me as a delivery driver every time I see him.

8. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    Now, once again, I'm not picking sides here, but just imagine what the 'first North Americans' said when they saw the 'second North Americans' riding horses with saddles ..........

Maybe it went something like this:

" How in the heck can they get off a straight shoot on a bison slipping and sliding all over that saddle thing ?? At least we have dirty 'ol gritty fur with grip to sit on ........ "

" Well, they do have muskets .......... but I can re-load and shoot 5 arrows to one of their stupid metal balls .......... "

I have seen my share of terrible 'current North American' truck and car drivers ..... we all have ..... I have also seen the same in 'new North American' truck and car drivers.

We have to get over the whole stereo type thing gang. Find yerself a crappy truck driver trying to back into a dock blindside, and help 'em out. It shouldn't matter where they came from 'originally' ..... unless they turn out to have the attitude of a mad hornet .... then they're TOTALLY on their own !!

I'm not a social therapist - I have four broken noses to prove it. Try to be human .... or at least professional .... They're not going anywhere .... lets help 'em out a bit and hope it pays off somewhere.

If you need someone to keep blaming - throw eggs at someone's corporate headquarters !!

wire Thanks this.
  9. Grimm 1

Jun 21, 2014
    Yeah... . They're not going anywhere until they kill someone because they went to a cut rate driving school. Then they want to go home.

I don't Have anywhere to go if I kill someone other than prison.

If they can't drive or back up that's their problem. The sooner society sees what's coming over here and tearing up the roads the faster it can be dealt with.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    6 Speed and pcfreak Thank this.
  10. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    It will never be dealt with unless the companies hiring them and putting them on the road untrained for our driving conditions grow a consience ... Because most are self insured and dot and enforcement are tired of going court to hear them play the R card and get off. Not much appears to be getting done unless it's a smaller company with just ends up changing the name on the doors every year or two it seems... Profit trumps safety regardless of what the vultures say IMO Look at companies that traditionally were the safest in North America are putting behind the wheel and one quickly realizes we are relying on blind luck instead of training nowadays

Speedloader and Runawayscreaming Thank this.
  11. Grimm 1

Jun 21, 2014
    Hopefully driving gets pushed into the college system and getting a license becomes a lot more difficult than it currently
    Is.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.