Stop Temporary Foreign Workers

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Runawayscreaming, Apr 4, 2013.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I put him on my #### list months ago lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Canada's open border policy will and has had an effect on us in the lower 48 when u allow people u know nothing about into your country your asking for trouble I see what has happened in the states with illegal folks coming here and hauling for less and of course the company's will pay them crap and they love it . the days of a dollar a mile are long gone if u ain't hauling for 2.00 a mile u won't last long unless ur living in a house with four other family's and your truck is held together buy band aids which dose effect the rest of us as in giving professionals who take pride in there ride and won't haul for folks that thing they can use us and abuse us . if you don't make enough the truck repairs get harder or u can't afford the payments on your 170k ride. If you can't maintain your ride it dose effect everyone on the road with you. That's my two cents you jerk !

4. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I've already watched the TFW program and "Express Entry" or "Skilled Express Entry" immigrants destroy 3 industries. (Machining, Commercial Construction, Oil and Gas Engineering & Geology). Their trying hard to do the same to trucking, but they just can't stop crashing or losing loads. But they can #### sure sit in an office, store, site or shop and ######## their way through a 20 year career. I hope i'm not too late to the game with trucking, cause i've already lost out with everything else I know how to do.

orcen and Runawayscreaming Thank this.
  5. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    This is why I left Canada and moved to Australia. I will never be back, the TFW program has ruined trucking and I was sick of risking my life EVERY SINGLE DAY. The last 5 years have been the worst. When I was asked at a truck stop what a slack adjuster was I knew right then and there this industry is doomed.

BigHossVolvo and AModelCat Thank this.
  6. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    What's the process a guy needs to go through to move out there? I've been on the fence about heading over there. Likely just on a 1 year visa at first to see if I like it. I'm at the point where I've had just about enough of this crap here. Alberta is fast becoming a #### hole under the NDP and BC isn't doing much better. Hardly any decent paying work there.

7. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    My wife is Aussie so it was pretty easy for me. There are a bunch of skilled occupations on the list but thankfully trucking isn't one of them. Truckies are respected here and not considered parasites like they are in Canada, I love it.

I've got a few free meals at truck stops just for hauling freight. Maybe my accent had something to do with it.

The other day I was on the shoulder with the hood up, putting on a new fan belt and an older lady pulls up with water and sandwiches for me. Like that would EVER happen in Canada. Garbage country.

nate980, AModelCat and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Thats why when i'm done Trucking School, i'm signing on to an American company that only has 1 terminal in Canada, 15 mins from my house. I told the recruiter I wanna spend most of my time in the US; and eventually move there.

I'm born and raised in Alberta, and i've never seen it this bad. My parents turn 68 and 69 this year respectively; and they have never seen it this bad (not even during NEP). My Dad has 38 years in Oil and Gas, and they replaced him with a ####ing "Express Entry" immigrant who knows Jack ####!!! The ####er has the audacity to call my Dad too this day, and ask him how to be an Engineer!

A lot of my friends I grew up with have already bailed to Australia and the US (those that qualified for Visa's anyway). Truly a sad state of affairs, and I hope I can make a go of trucking here for a bit; and not die or go broke lol.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  9. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Its messed up. I came to Alberta 8 years ago while waiting for forestry to pick back up in BC. Money was good so I stayed. Now with Bill 21 on the horizon (bringing a possible 267% increase in property taxes) its almost not worth staying here. Alberta advantage, what's that?

That's awesome! I'd imagine that since Australia still has a shred of common sense, they would give preference to individuals with skilled trades?

10. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    There are still a few companies who refuse to hire the ####heads, they actually value hard, safe work over saving a couple bucks.

But, overall yeah, trucking in Canada is now a joke.

11. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Yeah Mechanics to Doctors but you still may have to be sponsored I reckon.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.