straight ELD mode!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Sep 23, 2019.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    figured I could start a thread that guys could get answers for about us now going straight ELD MODE. I was broke down all weekend...so today was a 'start' to it. Somethings I don't understand. The sheet that was in my box, said if you go anywhere ABOVE 5MPH it'll tick over to drive. I got fuel, and pulled forward at 3MPH and it ticked over to drive. Also, I have no 'yard move' on mine. I know my operations manager said some trucks got it, and some haven't, yet. I also, drove truck from dealership yard, to the empty that was brought to me, hooked to it. logged in and clicked NO on unassigned drive time(since it was driven by mechanics and I only drove it maybe 0.2 of a mile to empty trailer)...yet when logs were 'updated' it put me as driving for 35 secs. I'm wondering if I should call and just use paper logs since it's not working like it should?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Sounds like it working correctly. You can't move over 5mph could be less if they set it up like that. You can't move without logging something. You can use Personal Conveyance to change parking spots or to get food or the movie. Personal use of the truck basically. Then you have Yard Movement for Driving around a big wearhouse or DC. Yard Movement is On-Duty time and Personal Conveyance is Off Duty time.

ZVar Thanks this.
  4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    When we are at company repair shop we have to log out of ELD in case the mechanics work on the truck and move it. Then we have to not accept the unassigned Driving Time if their is any. That only would work if at the company yard. Because the log Dept has assigne the driving time to the mechanics manually from my understanding. Someone has to approve that and basically take responsibility for the unassigned Driving Time. That might be something you log Dept still has to figure out.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Why are you trying to falsify your logs anyway?
    Everything it logged was accurate it seems to me. Fueling is on duty, driving after fueling is driving, etc.

Stop giving free labor to your employer!

Ffx95 Thanks this.
  6. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Just because it’s on duty doesn’t mean we are getting paid for it. So you might as well log out if you move the truck

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    What does getting paid have to do with your on duty status?
    Hint, it doesn't. So why not just stop falsifying your logs?
    Otherwise, sorry but if you can't be legal, you need to find a different career.

8. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I don't have the yard option either. I guess we have to log OD just driving 200 feet from the tank parking to the driver's door lol.

This 5mph thing just makes our job so much harder. I can see a lot of 8, 10, and 34 hr breaks being ruined by this if you forget to immediately change to OD. Before we had the 1/2 mile or so of wiggle room. That actually allowed us to circle the truck stop looking for a parking spot. No more of that. I wonder if there's any point in sleeping at shippers or customers anymore. Need to deliver and then go 500 miles to Markham in one shift? Not gonna happen.

I could have dealt with 10mph but not snail pace. I've been with Superior for years and will be quitting once I find a new job. This 5mph thing is just unnecessary plus they'll be adding cameras soon. The fact I just read the company is for sale is just the final nail. /whining

9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Eld have nothing to do with the company. Its a federal mandate that is being required by the end of this year , unless u have an engine made before 2000. Aobrd is being done away with , so u need to get used to elogs becaus ethey are here to stay. My company had aobrd as well and we switched to eld a couple months ago, yea it is a pain in the ### ,less forgiving than aobrd but ive learned how to work with it and learned how to manage all movements with truck efficiently since cant move it without wasting driver time anymore. It sucks but we all have to get used to it. Hope everything works out for u

WildTiger1990 and Intothesunset Thank this.
  10. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    We've been using E-logs for at least 5 years here. The 5mph thing is brand new and I was told it was a company policy, not a law. I guess it could be worse, it could switch to drive just by moving one foot lol.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Naw, I’m in my chosen career, but thanx for the advice

Badmon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.