Straight though logistics

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Oakdizzle, May 5, 2020.

1. Oakdizzle

Oakdizzle Bobtail Member

May 5, 2020
    I was working for this guy truck broke down been in hotel 9 days s 1400 miles from home he told me that I’m fired I can’t get home because this pandemic my license Expired cause dmv is close but got to keep working because they gave us extension on license and medical cards I got my wife and kid with me wife doesn’t have a license so I’m stuck in sweetwater TX plus on paid day I turned my stuff in for $4422.00 he only gave me $1322.00 and I paid $84 a night x9 already he runs us like dogs fixing eld gets team loads on solo drivers I told him I cannot run that way it’s against the law so I’m out a job anything you guys can think of to help be great thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Man, having your wife and kid with you really puts you in a tough spot. Do have any friends or relatives you can turn to for help? See if there is a local Salvation Army facility in town, they might be able to help in a crisis.

Oakdizzle and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You'll have to tell us where home is. Maybe you can get a lead to a job.

Oakdizzle and magoo68 Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What do you expect of a company titled straight through.

That means straight through. Without stopping for anything.

6. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    FBFC6637-F3CD-4CDD-A15F-F5F5DC811F2A.jpeg FBFC6637-F3CD-4CDD-A15F-F5F5DC811F2A.jpeg

Call up Stevens Transport . They'll probably get you to Dallas by the weekend for orientation on Monday .

They're even offering a hiring bonus right now and they seem to hire any warm body

Oakdizzle Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Meats are never no touch in my experience loading at plants for two or three days waiting on the trailer to be loaded and then asap somewhere to be unloaded from the floor or off big wood onto small wood.

1200 gross translates to less than 800, not worth it.

And the helping america heart strings is something we have done for decades collectively as a industry, the only reason is they are trying to pull the heart strings for the first time for those who might be enticed to answer the call. Remember no one really cared in the past why should they now wave the flag all of a sudden its not going to deliver the food any faster from plants that have slowed production anyway.

I hate to be difficult but I understand meat loads. Ive done enough of them.

Oakdizzle Thanks this.
  8. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Another fleece gone bad.
    How people keep ending up in these
    Situations is beyond me.

Rule number one for all OTR drivers.
    Always keep a 1000 bucks in hundred
    Dollar bills somewhere in your truck.

You could quit or be fired anytime,anyplace.
    That's enough to get you and your stuff
    Home from anywhere.

Hotplate and Oakdizzle Thank this.
  9. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Is ths truck fixed?

Oakdizzle Thanks this.
  10. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I know that and I would never recommend Stevens or any other mega normally but this person seems very desperate and Dallas is pretty close to where he's "stranded" . It'd probably be a quick hire too just to get him back on his feet with an income and a ride home .

There isn't even a car rental place in Sweetwater ; He'd have to get the Greyhound to Abilene

Oakdizzle, bryan21384 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I appreciate your thoughts, I was wondering how the hell did he end up in Sweetwater of all places.

Ive been thinking this morning during sunrise what to do with this stranded person.

I guess there is a old saying, any port in the storm so if one is in a corner and orientation with another company is a way forward take it.

Ultimately when that happens for the OP, I strongly suggest layering those 100 dollar bills over time from here on out that way, if this happens again (And it probably will...) the OP will be able to pull up by bootstraps on his own.

Oakdizzle Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.