stranded driver??? legal???

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by amsn, Dec 16, 2013.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's too bad.Sounds like a company I drove for only they had 20 trks.I bet the trls were in just as bad shape weren't they?I drove a pos 94 freightliner he bought from junk yard,the one before that he retrieved from a cornfield.Needed a lot of new used tired put on either on the road or back at the shop.Only at the shop he would use trl tires for trks.Tk went 78 but because my safety comes first didnt never go that fast.Usually stayed behind a slow trk.I figure if something was going to happen I wanted to make sure to b eable to pull over safely.Had many times I was glad I drove slow.It was always one thing after another.Hope you and your wife have better luck with your next company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    sheepdog, we got to listen to Paul Harvey to get "the rest of the story". no doubt there is more to it.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  4. Truckergirl0720

Truckergirl0720 Medium Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Here or there just depends

wow!!!!! naked girl????? stupid guy!!!!!

5. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Today it is Paul Harvey Jr.... He is just as good though, took right after his dad.

6. John McCain

John McCain Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I am in stranded truck driver in Twin Falls Idaho my company took me off of the truck and told me to get my own way home I really need some help it's raining cold and windy out here if there's someone that can help I really would appreciate it thank you

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  7. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
  8. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Write a nasty letter to him. Get some poison ivy. Put on gloves. Crush the leaves between your hands and rub all over the letter. Mail letter.

KillingTime and AModelCat Thank this.
  9. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I don't know about legal....but I know of several companies over the years that have shuttered the doors. You newer guys may not remember Arrow, from Tulsa....they closed the doors a few days before Christmas and had something like 1200 drivers stranded all over 48 states. It was a mess. While everyone knew it was screwed up, and a lot of talk went around, I don't think it ever proved it to be illegal. OTI from Mexico, Mo died so quick as to leave a bunch of guys stranded too. But then those cases may be a little different because they didn't involve firing one guy.

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Right idea. Wrong time.
    Seal envelope with cyanide.
    Neglect to leave return address.
    Mail from arbitrary large blue box on the corner.

jeff18 and Rusty Trawler Thank this.
  11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Wasn't that Pete Oliver ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.