stranded driver??? legal???

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by amsn, Dec 16, 2013.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I'll be thru twin falls tmw nite if I can help ?

Rusty Trawler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I think so....I just knew them as Oliver Trucking Inc....OTI. I watched as several of their trucks where repo-ed from the shipper the drivers were trying to load at. The repo guys were "nice" enough to let the drivers get their stuff out of the truck before they drove them away, leaving the driver stranded there. They made it real clear they didn't have to let the driver get anything out of the truck, but they'd be "nice" and let them "this time". Cold hearted fellers, they were. It wasn't the drivers fault Oliver didn't pay the mortgage.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Probably at least a relation ...used to have mud flaps on they're trucks that said "stolen from Pete Oliver mexico mo "

5. Thomasearl

Thomasearl Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2017
    In batesville Indiana stranded came down for orientation did not work out trying to get home to niles mi right next to south bend in.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Nope. There you are.

I hope you saved a valid credit card and 400 dollars cash to get home in your boot.

It's their truck. If they bellow "OUT!" it means OUT.

Edit, I am a slow sleeper today, this is a dead thread that has been resurrected.

7. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I work for CFI now I’ve heard things improved but lol if I’m not parked behind a gate I’ll have a ride home.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't think dear PattyJ is among us anymore for a variety of reasons. If she is I would not know. Have not seen her about in almost a year so far.

9. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I think the newer trucks can be disabled via a remote command. They are put into limp mode and once the key is shut off won't start again.

10. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    It happens even more at orientations. People fail a physical, something comes up on job history, or the company just brought in too many drivers expecting some wouldn't show. When I was a new driver of a few years I got a credit card and made sure I always would have enough credit to rent a car. Too many hellish bus rides.

But I hope you can get home whatever it takes. A bus ride is better than being on the street.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.