Strange or bizarre tips for drivers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jlkklj777, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Jack Smithton

Jack Smithton Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    so cal
    And if you drive a FL Custom Class on recirc for too long, you will get a warning like you are going to suffocate any minute . . . kind of scary . . .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Haole

Haole Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Texas
    Ha, that's some funny ####!

4. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa

I do not think the above is a good idea. Possible problems could result such as a load shift (damaging product), if the pavement is wet it could cause a jack knife situation, or, on dry pavement, even flat spot your tires.

trucker_101 and Baack Thank this.
  5. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

97 Ford Aeromax 550Det Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    HEY Infosour......I have forgotten MORE than what you've learned......Ive spent MORE time on the toilet than youve drove.....providing you dont drive a straight truck...do you? Name calling(stupid) just lowers your mentality that you WISHED you had. REAL Drivers knew what I meant BUT you....place foot in mouth do not pass Go. Does your trainer know your playing on his lap top in the bunk and do you still wear nothing in bed but a hardhat and toolbelt and jump up and down, saying "Yeeeeah ya big brute, I can fix ANYTHING"....Sorry, ya can dip in the peanut butter all ya want, just dont splash none on me. Why do I take time to bother? Besides, stupid is a step-up for me.

"It is better to keep ur mouth SHUT and let people think your a fool than open it and prove them RIGHT."

6. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    We do not allow rude or disrespectful post's
    Every driver has their way of doing things
    If you don't agree, either post a decent response
    OR DON'T POST

7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    MaN-0-MaN, Ford, ----
    you really told Infosaur off. Didn't pull any punches either. Gave it to 'em with both barrels at the same time with the perfect retort, or at least it would have been, ......... if Infosaur had written what you thought you read.

I posted the post in question above your's for reference. Try re-reading that post again ---- see if it can be read another way that isn't offensive or calling anyone any name(s).

Infosaur wrote: "Lights on for SAFETY! (******)"
    Now, I've been mistaken before, but I don't think I am on this one.
    The way I read it, the word "stupid", found at the end of the sentence --- in parenthesis --- isn't a name being called. Rather, "stupid" describes what Infosaur's opinion is of headlights on a Big truck that a professional driver can't turn off. It's (stupid).

Does anyone else read it that way?
    Is there anyone who disagrees with Infosaur's assessment of headlights that always remain lit when the Big truck is runnin'?

"Place foot in mouth,
    do not pass Go"?
    This time around, the shoe seems to be on the other foot.
    Ya reckon.:biggrin_25521:

[It's better to have people think you a fool
    Than to open your mouth, and remove all doubt.]

That's why I don't talk.
    Just type.
    Because when I type, I don't speak, --- it's important that I word things properly to reduce the chance my words will be read wrong.
    Granted, I do mumble under my breath and drool a little when I type ----- tongue hangin' outta my mouth, or firmly planted in my cheek, ----- it's abundantly evident how important communication is.

A simple mis-reading is all it takes to provoke unnecessary actions. So, I recommend that folks think twice and speak once, just to be certain we're all on the same page at the same time.:yes2557:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
  8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    jlkklj, when I first read this post, I thought YES, I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THAT &*&^%$%$%**(() !!!!!:biggrin_25516:

Then I read your last sentence, and realized it had to have been someone else. Uh you didn't ever work for Knight and drop a trailer like that without fixing it did you??? :biggrin_25525:

I've known line haul drivers whose entire load (all three pups) would look like they had done this every night.......:biggrin_25516:

7122894003481 Thanks this.
  9. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    I will"re-tract" my "somewhat" verbal assault(which coulda been at a muchmuch higher altitude)....beleive me BUT, my quick assestment of the situation ending in MAYBE a misread, just goes to show that MAYBE I flew off the handle. How many beleive that the glass is 1/2 empty or 1/2 full or, its cloudy out or its partly sunny?.....ones definition of things wrote vary(rather right or wrong) on how they perceive it. TRYING to UNDERSTAND what someone TYPES and what they REALLY mean, is something if we took time in understanding that person, would take us till the pigs fly. I will humbly offer my apologizes(like a man) if I am wrong, BUT not if I was mis-understood.

Your trying to make it SEEM like he was implying DDL's cant be shut off, but for Gods sake I mentioned HEADLIGHTS....gee, I wonder what the difference is. The way YOU perceive him in meaning STUPID, sounds like it meant "Its a dumb idea". The word safety was mentioned right outta HIS keyboard NOT mine, for implying I didnt know that DDL's were ran for such that intent......strike #2. I suppose if I said this website was "Stupid" youd Immediately "think" " This guy just insulted all the good these people do". Another might think " No, he just means that some things in the arrangement of the website could be better formatted". lastly, another might think " NAH, he just means that he visited other trucking websites that are higher in intellegence than this one(he musta went to college). Besides, his remark was DELETED so I guess SOMEONE thought as I do(THAT COULD BE BAD) then.

I really dont wanna expound anymore on this cause we could continue till our GPS turns blue and our help is needed elsewhere better served.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  10. 97 Ford Aeromax 550Det

Oct 1, 2009
    Indiana
    OH contrae, If you go BACK and look he POSTED my quote and the word HEADLIGHTS NOT the DDL's were mentioned. You mean to tell me the ?????? doesnt know the DIFFERENCE between HEADlights and DDL's? OR is it the English dialect is just a pastime for him understanding it? When someone IMPLIES I DONT know the difference between the function of DDL's AND Headlights, Im sorry, I take offense to that with the ridcule statement "STUPID" as "icing" on the statement. 97s' got a rep to uphold here(no matter how small) and I WONT have my intellegence insulted by NOONE or lack thereof. Understand this, I help and advise MANY Newbies in their approach to being a professional driver here in the future, and do you THINK FOR ONE MOMENT IM GONNA LET them beleive 97 Ford dont know the difference between the two???? They will cease to approach me for guidance in the future because they THINK Im a crackpot(a little cracked but stable enough to cash a check tho). I will stand on the premise that he meant what he meant, who knows, maybe HE didnt know what he meant and was looking in the book for the definiton of the term headlights....dunno could be wrong but WILL apologize for falling into the "perverbal" trap of attack under MAYBE the wrong assumption...and whats MORE revealing is you say in your remarks.............IT's(Stupid)..... Would you mind showing me where it was typed "IT'S?".............the prostitution rests.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  11. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    No sir. I have never worked for Knight.

Anytime I find a problem trailer I do what I can to fix it myself or relay the info to the shop so they can repair it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.