Strange or bizarre tips for drivers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jlkklj777, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

Old school drivers would put a big ol' dob of vicks salve on their rectum and could turn California around twice without sleeping OR roid trouble.....You newbies should try that trick if you get sleepy and still got places to go and people to see.I'll bet the farm it will work for ya.:biggrin_25525:

I am medicineman and usa4freedom Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Otter

Otter Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Milton, VT.
    I carry a message board, a piece of white glossy masonite 12X16 inches, I write on it with dry wipe markers. It's great for communicating with people who don't have radio, or have the radio turned down. When I see another HAM operator I write 146.52 on it and blow the horn and show it to them. If I see some car with the gas cap sitting on the roof, I write them a note and show it to them. Another truck with the side compartment open, a UPS truck with the trailer door open, you get the idea. When I go to sleep at someone's yard, I write what time I need to get up and stick it in the window. My phone number when I leave the truck somewhere. It also serves as my desk when doing paperwork. Everyone should have one.

4. OhioTruckin

OhioTruckin Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Cleveland, OH
    That's a really good idea, Otter! Especially for the phone number in the window part. That could come in handy.

5. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.

LMFAO!!! That's ummmm. Very creative! Yet VERY painful! :biggrin_2559:

6. Skunk_Truck_2590

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    5 hour energy. This stuff is great, taste's like #### but work's like a charm and supposed to be good for you too! Go to their website and read up on it. I use this stuff almost daily. A bit pricey a $3.49 + tax a bottle but get's the job done. I have never experianced the jitter's or a crash from it so I recommend it. I only drink Red Bull because it taste's really good.

7. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    I use one of those to write my driving directions on for reading at night. Works great. Also good to trip plan on if I need to.

8. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    I used to find a Red Bull and one of those 5 hour powers kept me up most of the night. No crash from the energy shot, but I'd be sick for hours from it, so I stopped that.

I use my dad's trick for when I'm tired and need to stay up: a large drink full of caffiene. The caffiene helps a bit, and it's hard to sleep when you need to use the restroom.

9. Skunk_Truck_2590

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.

I understand that. I love Red Bull but it's really not good for the body. The 5 hour power say's it's supposed to be better for you. So they say! I don't really know. I took down two of them at work this morning. My current job is so phyisically demanding and working hard hour's then having to come home and do chores around the house plus some other stuff when it's called for.

I wish 5 hour power had been around back in 06'. I would work 10-12+ hour shift's swinging a weedeater full force all day with only a lunch break most of the time then had to come home 2 1/2 acre's of land plus I would end up having to split wood late into the night some times up till 12 then take a shower go to bed only to have to be back up at 4am and be at work by 6 wore me down to where it's hard for me to handle that kind of load these day's even though I'm still young. Have 2 slipped disc's in my back and still power through. I look back on that and wonder how the hell I ever did it and kept up.

Didn't Jim Carry state in the movie Liar Liar "Or even makes it difficult to become aroused! Judge:Is that true? It has to to be!" :biggrin_2559: I think I'll pass on holding it. Beside's I remeber we had a hot FedEx load that we ran the whole 10 hour's solid and abot an hour before we finally stopped I was hurting so bad from holding it and no pee jug in the truck that it literally brought tear's to my eye's. Never again! I'll never travel in a truck with out a couple bottles. The ride made it even worse boucing around.

10. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    It is getting hot out there again. To help alleviate that heat rash on your butt from sitting on the seat for long periods of time buy a beaded seat cushion. It elevates your butt from the seat fabric and permits more air flow as well as a tush massage every time you wiggle around.

11. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Carry your own push broom. You will need to sweep out your trailer from time to time and customers may not offer you the use of a broom or even let you sweep out the trailer on their property. Be sure to bag up your trash and dispose of it appropriately.

Sweeping out a trailer onto a customers parking lot may get you kicked off the property, banned, and possibly lose the account for your carrier.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.