Stryker 447hpc2 strange question.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Crazykyle24, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Crazykyle24

Crazykyle24 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Hey eveyone.

Quick question, 2 of us plow drivers just bought stryker 447chp2 radios. They seem to be really good quality radios, my only complaint is how close together the knobs are. I know I had seen a you tube video back in the day with a connex radio that the gentleman had some what looked to be red rubber caps on a few of the knobs. Does anyone know where I can find some of these?

Question 2: we also were talking about what would be a decent Chanel to use so some of the other drivers couldn't hear us. Some of the other guys run the uniden 880 with the scan mode on. What would happen if we switch from am- fm or to another band?

Thanks in advanced

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017

To answer question number 2:, the Uniden 880 is just an AM cb radio, with weather receive capability. So if you went to another band, or mode such as FM, they won’t be able to hear you. Just be careful what frequency you are talking on since it’s technically illegal to talk on other bands that you don’t have a license for.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. Crazykyle24

Aug 14, 2018
    thank you Night Stalker.

5. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Kyle
    Took a look at the radio you mentioned. Does not seem to have that many knobs and are really no closer to each other than all other radios on the market. One must be cautious when trying to adjust is only advice i have.
    My Superstar 158EDX have many more knobs and buttons and so does the old style general lee i run. Get to know proper knob location so you can use them without any issues. Not being a smuck. Just my opinion to try to help.

6. Crazykyle24

Aug 14, 2018
    thank you triple digit bullhauler. sometimes other drivers with "curious fingers" get into the truck when I have taken a day off. usually I only drive it but sometimes you never know. Nice truck on your profile picture, happy travels

7. Chipperrr

Chipperrr Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Oversized pencil erasers that slide on might work on your knobs

BCV Thanks this.
  8. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    We used to use the rubbery top caps off of old fiberglass cb antennas

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  9. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Run your finger and thumb in an electric pencil sharpener until they are small enough

shogun Thanks this.
  10. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    If its your radio,pull it out when you know your not back for a lil..
    Make sure those hpc2's have lotsa cool air behind it..Heat sink is not as efficient as it could be if your long winded..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.