Stryker 997 or bearcat980

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Joe8285, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Joe8285

Joe8285 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2023
    Curious to the drivers that are experienced more than myself about CB radios it would go on a 20/20 Freightliner Cascadia mirror mount I'm very tech savvy and I learn very fast I want the very best and the options to be able to boost my range if I need to for any of the experienced truckers out there what would you recommend between the two Stryker 997 or Bearcat 980 thank you in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    First focus on the antenna and coax, get some rf grounds put on and have the system looked at by someone with an antenna analyser.

Then just pick a radio, I don't like stryker, not because of the radio per se but many of the owners I run into are macho truck drivers who in reallty can't back into a parking spot without hitting a truck.

Ffx95 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  4. Joe8285

Joe8285 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2023
    Haha facts I've noticed those drivers always running there mouth. I used ground straps that I mounted to frame and I have a 18ft coax from wilson I've got antenna tuned 1.0 and 1.1 using my meter.

Oh and I used my buddies cb for turning

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  5. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Lol thats the biggest crock i have seen on here as to why you dont like a stryker..

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Oh please, Craig.

As I said, NOT because of the radio per se but many of the owners I run into are macho truck drivers who in really can't back into a parking spot without hitting a truck.

You know and I know when someone gets a Stryker, it makes most people into big-time truck drivers so they have to act like one, or the Stryker world will cast them out of it and deem them unworthy of even being allowed to mention they own one in public.

By the way, what do you think I have sitting next to me in my beater truck this morning?

Styrker 94hpc with the bird watt mod.

It is one of my drivers he had it shipped here from someplace out west via Amazon. He asked if I could check it out for him and that's what I did this morning.

I pulled the 705 out last night to try this one out, got the antenna tuned for 19 before I put this one on the rack, fits pretty nicely in the rack. it is pretty good, talked to my local driver in Toledo on FM when I was passing through there on my way to my office in Indiana. Now that I am back, I can say it is something I would consider getting but not without a few changes.

7. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Ill honestly say that gettin a huge amp (1000 watts or more)suddenly increases some fellas chest size but not a export radio..I have never seen it....Guys will always tout that brand x is better than yours but thats the same with everything..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.