Stryker antennas

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by flyby1971, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017

I wouldn't let them off too easy. If they only would have communicated with you, maybe you could have resolved the issue days ago. Sounds like they need a better user manual with their products, maybe warning people about the connector.

2. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Yes an answer would have been nice. I must take some of the heat though. Like probably most people on this forum, I'm busy as hell all the time and I barely looked at the connector when it came apart. I'm not afraid to take my lumps after I run my alligator mouth LOL

3. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Ha, it happens to the best of us.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  4. 13grinder

13grinder Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2019
    Austinville, VA
    I know this is a old post, but here is my 2 cents.
    First I would have to say Wilson, and Firestick are both better then sirio. Wilson by far. But the Stryker sr-a10 is the best that I've run since the Wilson 2000. I run 2 on my tractor as well as on mine, and my wife's personal vehicles. Yeah the lights are what they are. But if you know what your doing. Even half ###, you'll see its a killer antenna. Now I run it with my 655hp granted. That aside I bought and plugged in. Swr was below 3. Wanna say around 2.4, but remember I'm running duels. So I ran 72 ohm from antennas to my splitter. Then short pace of 50 ohm to.... Well it don't matter, then short peace to my other don't matter then short 50 ohm to rig. Now I have ran it barefoot. So in my experience what I find worked best with these antennas is first off, make sure it, or they are mounted away, and above every thing. That !!WILL!! make your swr high. Don't be cheap on covax. Its just as important if not more so then antenna. I run lmr400 flex rg213 is a very close second, and I run rg213 in mine and my wife's personals. I run a stryker 655hp mod in my tractor. In the personals my wife runs factory 655hp and ion mine I run a beartracker. Its nice just to much to get into on why I run like I do. Anyways run 72 ohm from antenna to split them 50 ohm to rig. Its for tunning reasons. If your just running 1 antenna then just run 50 ohm. If your experienced with grounding and tunning then drill and mount on top. If your newer just ruin a magnet mount, or if tot don't want to fool with drilling and all that magnet mount. Don't just run your coax threw the door!!! It will pinch, distort, and.... Its just no good! Anyways there you go. Yes there amazing. And as for the casing goes. Its a antenna not a baseball bat. When your done setting what placement and all. Super adhesive the base. Keep a Allen. And throw it in your back seat if need be, or lock tight it on. It won't fail you on most cases out you don't fail it! Now go got that buy button. The only people putting it down are one who are scared to go buy, or can't. just saying. Also I like stryker. But there are several good radios made by several good company's. I also have some rangers who make galyxy. Also have a few galyxy. Generals. A Lincoln ll. It just depends on what your looking for. Anyways. Quack you l8er mud duck. ✌

Highwayman1224 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.