Stryker antennas

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by flyby1971, Jan 1, 2017.

1. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    I'm getting out quite a bit more than 12/15 miles with the 955.. depends on who's got what on the receiving end coming back to me....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    You used those #'s so i thought that was your range..

4. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Yeah when you get it installed you should be talking 30to50 miles all the time in a mobile ???

5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Dont know about that far but if i did ill dance nekid in the snow next xmas day..

Ill telm ya one thing though..That friggin 5" sirio magnet is effing strong..I couldnt get it off the roof with just pickin it off with my fingers....I did something stupid...Figured i would slide it off some and scratched my truck...There was a tiny tiny tiny pebble between the magnet and its rubber cover..Man i was miffed...Thank god i bought the paint pen when i got the trk...Now i gotta use an interior panel remover tool to get the magnet to break off its hold on the roof..Its gonna be finished today after i see my dr then genetics dr..lol ill holla atcha on 19 around one or two..lol

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  6. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    That's why a cb radio will never be or go into my car not happening not that dedicated like some... I'm near Milwaukee right now if I hear ya on 19 ya gotta dance naked in the snow every night for a month straight.... lol

7. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well that was my own fault for not checkin 1st..In to much of a freakin rush..
    Lil confused with tuning..
    Its got my roof as a ground plane and i dont wanna keep cuttin my whip but lowest i can get it near perfect is way up in 39400 mhz..

8. CW Spook

CW Spook Light Load Member

39400mhz, or 39.400? Most analyzers won't come near 39400megs...39400khz, yes. If it's good at 39.4, that means you're already way too short, so you certainly don't want to be clipping it off

9. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I know that now..Cripes..Dont know what happen..My rig expert showed a flat match around 29900 when that tells me to lengthen but dummy me went and trimmed my whip..Had it in my friggin head i needed shorter....For some off reason i just cant grasp the memory of swr tuneing as a start point to find resonance..
    Oh my rig expert only goes to 30 mhz but my mfj will do from 1.8 to 170 mhz..

10. CW Spook

CW Spook Light Load Member

After almost 55 years in ham radio I still have trouble keeping that straight, so don't feel bad. My RigExpert goes up to 54Mhz, so thought maybe you were seeing something at 39, which would be WAAY too short...lol.

11. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Nope im sure i saw 29885 as my lowest dip to almost a flat match...So with 26965 being a lower freq but higher swr i shortened and messed myself up..I went back azzwards..lol..Oh well my old predator 10k whip was to short to begin with..
    Shoulda went a model up on my rig expert,i love the multi swr view they have and the memory..Oh well my mfj 259b covers the rest and the r/e can help me fine tune..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.