Stryker Sr 955 hpc

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by stacks, Feb 19, 2017.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I didnt try to dumb it down but mentioned comparisions so that he can see where he was told one thing but getting something he is not....Wasteing this so called power...
    Dirtymartini..Hope i didnt offend you..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Big watt #'s is like braggin about your manhood size or that fish ya caught..lol

4. Dirtymartini15x

Dirtymartini15x Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    I've been involved in CB radio for almost two decades now. I understand the difference between a clean signal and one with spurious emissions and how it effects a watt meter. But I prefer to just go with the flow and be happy with what I see on my meter as long as it's performing to my standards.

I'm sure my eight transistor class C amplifer that was showing 1000 average watts on my bird meter at 15 volts would probably be closer to 6 or 700 average if it was a super clean signal. But it talked great, got out more than far enough and was reliable. It was a fun setup to talk on and fairly simple to setup. And that 1000 watt average number is pretty common to see out of that amplifier in the CB world so talking about it that way is normal for me.

And you didn't offend me @craig_sez, you and @rabbiporkchop have your views on the hobby and like to get super technical and all that. Which is fine. But to me the way things are said in regards to the "enlightening" process make it no different than someone talking about their manhood or the fish they caught. It comes across in a negative way and reminds me of reading posts on Eham.

All this started from a simple post stating that the 655 and 955 will do 100-120 PEP which on pretty much any meter a truck driver will hook it to, it will show that after it's been tuned. But somehow we got into all of this, when in reality most truck drivers or even CB hobbyist's really don't care about any of this as long as their radio does what they are told it will do and it sounds good.

N3TD3ViL Thanks this.
  5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    My 955 never showed 100 plus..Even though it was bird meter tuned before mark got at it..
    I saw the diff of a big watt # vs a proper tune with lower #'s..
    Im a bit anal and like my hobby as perfect as i can get it..So i just didnt want the big # if i could get the range cause of it...
    I even been told my radio sounded nice but weak even a cpl mile out before mark did his magic..
    Now i get is sound chrystal clear and strong..Ill get the range sooner or later as i make ant set up changes to get the extra gains i expect..
    Many times your happy with what ya get till someone shows you a positive difference/increase then you have that "OMG REALLY" moment....
    Got those as i learned to drive a big truck ,learned i got credit enuf to buy a house and when i was taught a better/quicker way to ride my track bike...
    I like getting more with less..
    Bottom line is if your happy then your happy..

rabbiporkchop and Dirtymartini15x Thank this.
  6. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    What's wrong with being a ham? Lol!

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  7. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Some of them are a lil to anal

N3TD3ViL Thanks this.
  8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I didn't realize there was such a thing as being too anal.

9. Dirtymartini15x

Dirtymartini15x Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    There's nothing wrong with it. In fact I encourage people interested in the radio hobby to get their license. But over the many years being involved in CB I've seen countless Ham operators talk to down to people and many seem to have a very elitist attitude even towards each other.

N3TD3ViL and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  10. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Hell yeah..When some of them stick to the letter of the law sorta speak...
    You always know a hammy when they get upset when you talk about buyin an export radio..They go on and have a big speech about it being illegal and you need a lic and how fcc tracks you and so on and on and on..

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    N3TD3ViL Thanks this.
  11. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I'm not sure where 42.2 came from.
    Twice the voltage = four times the carrier. Sounds more like 60 watts PEP.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.