Stuck in Utah..need advise!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MJF truckers daughter, Jun 29, 2018.

1. MJF truckers daughter

MJF truckers daughter Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Hi everyone,
    My dad is hauling heavy equipment from Cali to Colorado at this moment. He realized the wrong tractor trailer registration was renewed when he hit the Utah inspection entry. They allowed him to enter Utah and he is now 300 miles from Colorado. The California DMV offices to call are closed and not open on Saturdays for me to go to to renew his registration in person. He is hoping Colorado will let him through so he can deliver this machine. Does anyone have any ideas? Please offer any advise so I can help my dad.
    Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Call the Port of entry in the morning, Because he WILL be pulled into the one on I70 in, fruitland.

Though, to be honest, all they usually ask for is truck paperwork. I've never been asked anything about a trailer. If he is oversize, then I dont know. I've never hauled oversize

4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Is he rolling or stuck at the Utah port of entry? There are ways around the scales, but it would be a long way around. Where is the destination in Colorado?

5. MJF truckers daughter

Jun 29, 2018
    Steve, His destination is Montrose, Co. He is currently driving on I-70 headed towards Co.

6. MJF truckers daughter

Jun 29, 2018
    He hopes when he gets to Fruitland and turns in his paperwork (registration on the other truck) and hope they let him through.

7. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    If he has a decent road atlas with him, tell him that he can bypass the Fruitland port of entry by taking 191 south at Crescent Junction Utah. There are some routes from there that will get him to Montrose, but I don't have an atlas with me and I don't know which ones are legal for trucks. Route 46 off of 191 looks sketchy but route 491 to route 141 might work. Green River has a truck stop. Sounds like he should pull over and figure it out.

As I said before, it's a long way out of his way, but he'll get the load delivered and then can get the registration dealt with on Monday.

8. MJF truckers daughter

Jun 29, 2018
    Thank you! I passed on the info. He really appreciates the help.

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    How does one renew the wrong truck?

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  10. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky

You do not renew the right truck!

11. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    oversized taking them small roads in them hills to bypass? chance the weigh station.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.