Stupid driver tricks

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by c64basic, Aug 21, 2013.

1. c64basic

c64basic Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    I wanted to make an ongoing thread for stories which aren't deserving of their own thread but are worth noting because of the stupidity. 4 wheelers, semis, zambonies, whatever...

First up, a story I'm still trying to figure out:

Lexington Woman's Arm Hit By Semi In Collision
    William Christison was driving along a road in Lexington with his girlfriend Tuesday morning when it happened. His girlfriend's arm was hit by a semi.

"I was coming down Manchester Street and another tractor trailer was coming up, I got over and I was thinking that I was over too far, and just hit that tractor trailer and tore my right side out," Christison said.

His girlfriend's arm took the brunt of the hit. Strangely enough, it was her left arm even though she was in the passenger seat. But William says, he knows it could have been worse.

"She could have had her head hanging out the window; she does that all the time. She sleeps, with her arms across the window. I tell her to keep her head and arms in the window all the time," Christison said.

Christison says he's learned his lesson and is going to be more careful when driving.

"Keep your eyes open from now on. I just wasn't paying attention, I guess," he said.

The woman was rushed to UK Hospital with a serious arm injury, though police say they don't believe it is life threatening.

What? She sleeps hanging out the window? Is she a dog??? And how was she in the passenger seat and got her left arm hurt? I don't think it's funny that she got hurt but it's just a strange story...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bubbavirus

bubbavirus Medium Load Member

Her new name...

Lefty

mje Thanks this.
  4. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Or it could be Stubbie!

mje Thanks this.
  5. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    Will he now call her "New Hand"?

Outlaw27, mje and chalupa Thank this.
  6. c64basic

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    I bike. This is not a good way to do it. And how could you not hear a semi coming up from behind you?

Coldwater bicyclist seriously injured after being struck by semi-tractor trailer on Garfield Road
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:47 a.m. EDT

COLDWATER, MI (WTVB) - A man riding a bicycle last night in Coldwater Township was seriously injured when he was struck from behind by a semi-tractor trailer along Garfield Road west of North Behnke Road.

Michigan State Police say 24-year old Ivan Cruz Munoz of Coldwater was pedaling down the middle of the road around 9:30 p.m. when his westbound bicycle was hit by the semi-tractor trailer. Munoz suffered head injuries in the collision and was transferred by helicopter from the Community Health Center of Branch County in Coldwater to Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo.

Troopers said the semi from Farris-&-Sons Farming was driven by Jody Farris. Farris and his wife who was a passenger in the cab escaped injury. A preliminary report on the crash indicates there was no alcohol involved and the accident remains under investigation. Garfield Road was shut down for around 3-and-a-half hours following the collision.

mje Thanks this.
  7. c64basic

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    I know what these punks want to be when they grow up...

TENN: Juveniles, 12 & 14, steal tractor-trailer, lead police on 3-county chase

[​IMG]
    MORRISTOWN (WATE) - Two runaway juveniles are accused of stealing a tractor-trailer in Morristown early Wednesday morning and leading police on a three-county chase that ended with a crash in Knoxville.

Officers with the Morristown Police Department says the two boys, ages 12 and 14, took the truck from Universal Forest Products, 530 W. Morris Boulevard, using the truck to crash through the gate.

"We haven't had any break-in issues or any problems here at the plant. So it was definitely a shock and then when we found out the ages of the people it was another shock especially driving a semi-truck not a regular car," said Mark Boss, plant manager at UFP.

An officer saw the truck hit the curb at Hardee's on Morris Boulevard, and began a pursuit.

Police say the boys sped down Highway 11-E through Jefferson County heading towards Knoxville. New Market Police laid spike strips near Jefferson Memorial Hospital to stop them, but the spikes only punctured one tire .
    Officers finally chased the truck into Knoxville. The truck crashed on Asheville Highway near Rutledge Pike while trying to take an exit ramp. The truck knocked over a light pole.

Police say the boys are residents of Holston Homes in Greeneville, Tenn. They were brought to Morristown for a counseling session and had been reported as runaways prior to the alleged theft. Both boys were taken to the Juvenile Holding Center in Morristown.

They are charged with theft over $10,000, being a runaway, and vandalism over $1,000. The 12-year-old driver is also charged with speeding, disregarding a red light, not having a driver's license, improper lane usage, disregarding a stop sign, and felony evading arrest.

mje Thanks this.
  8. c64basic

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    Texting driver in rental car hits manure trailer

LANCASTER, Wisconsin —How do you explain this to your rental car company?

A Wisconsin man driving a rental car crashed into a tractor pulling a trailer full of liquid manure on Monday, reported the Grant County Sheriff's Department.

The crash was reported on Highway 151 in Grant County, Wisc., at 11:34 a.m.

The Sheriff's Department said Matthew Bruhn, 37, was driving a Ford Mustang convertible that he rented from Avis.

Authorities said Bruhn was finishing texting and talking on his phone when he looked up just in time to see the tractor seconds before the crash.

The driver of the tractor was not seriously hurt. Bruhn was treated for a broken finger. The crash remains under investigation.

mje Thanks this.
  9. c64basic

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    Another truck stuck under Attleboro rail bridge
    [​IMG]
    A truck, the second in two days, became stuck under the Mill Street railroad arch Thursday morning.

mje Thanks this.
  10. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    driver may claim that 14 ft sight is not standard one and cant be seen well.

mje Thanks this.
  11. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Really? I can see it just fine!:biggrin_2558:

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.