Stupid driver tricks

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by c64basic, Aug 21, 2013.

1. c64basic

c64basic Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    Oklahoma: Teen Driver Hangs Pickup From Guy Wire

[​IMG]

Police tell News On 6 a teenage driver was eastbound on 111th when he came up to the stop light and realized another vehicle was stopped at the light.

He swerved to the right on wet pavement, hit a recently constructed fence and spun onto a guy wire securing a power pole.

Public Service of Oklahoma is at the scene as are Tulsa Police officers.

The teenager was not injured, and so far there has been no service interruption, authorities say.​

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. c64basic

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    Michigan: 2 men shoot and kill each other after road rage incident
    [​IMG]
    Police say two motorists are dead following a road-rage-fueled shooting at a car wash in Ionia.

The Sentinel-Standard of Ionia reports a 43-year-old man and a 56-year-old man pulled their vehicles into the driveway of the Wonder Wand Car Wash about 7 p.m. Wednesday and exchanged gunfire with handguns.

People at a nearby laundromat found both men laying on the ground and started performing CPR. Police say both died of their wounds.

One of the drivers had two passengers in his vehicle, but they weren’t hurt.

The victims have been identified as 56-year-old Robert Taylor and 43-year-old James Pullum. Both of the dead men are from Ionia, about 30 miles northwest of Lansing.

Police say the shooting stemmed from an earlier confrontation while they were driving in the area.

Investigators say both men had valid licenses to carry concealed weapons. The shooting is under investigation by Ionia police and others.

4. c64basic

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    another very unfortunate freak accident

Arizona: 1 dead, two critically injured in tragic I-17 pileup

[​IMG]
    snip

5. c64basic

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    You have to read this story to understand what a piece of garbage this guy is

Minnesota: Driver hits Army recruiters in crosswalk
    [​IMG]

ROSEVILLE, Minn. (KMSP) - A Minneapolis man who admitted to hitting two Army recruiters in a crosswalk at Roseville Mall, dragging one for nearly a mile, has been charged with three counts of criminal vehicular operation, two of which are felonies.

According to charges, Enrico Taylor, 52, got out of his Jeep and attempted to free 42-year-old Sgt. 1st Class Travis Torgerson from underneath the car with his foot but failed and continued driving with Torgerson caught underneath.

Staff Sgt. Michael Stroud, 29, told police he and Torgerson were walking in the crosswalk toward the recruiting office when Taylor's Jeep did not slow for the two and struck them while driving approximately 10 to 12 miles per hour.

Stroud said he rolled over the hood and fell to the side.

Witnesses said they saw Torgerson clinging to the rear bumper of the Jeep, screaming for help. After initial attempts to free him, Taylor exited the Jeep a second time, witnesses said, and couldn't pull Torgerson out so he continued driving south on Fairview Avenue, then onto County Road B2. Torgerson eventually dislodged himself at Prior Avenue, and Taylor proceeded to drive away.

Roseville police found the Jeep in a Motel 6 parking lot and spoke to staff, who said Taylor had requested a cab and then left the building heading toward the Wally McCarthy Cadillac dealership just east of the motel where officers located and arrested him.

Upon his arrest, Taylor said he was meeting somebody at the Motel 6 and denied driving the Jeep. Ten minutes following the police interview, Taylor told officers he wished to speak to them again and said he was concerned about the man he hit, and said "I freaked out because my license is suspended. I turned the corner coming up the hill. I got a contact in, the light blinded me, I didn't see him, he stepped in front of me, it was too late."

When police asked for the keys for the vehicle, Taylor said he had placed them in the cheeks of his buttocks and flushed them while in the holding cell. He denied taking any drugs or drinking alcohol on the day of the incident, but admitted to taking cocaine Sunday and drinking on Monday.

Torgerson's wife told police he fractured his tibia and fibula and had two rods placed in his right leg, a plate in his right heel, and he suffered a broken tailbone and several broken ribs. He also had several broken transverse processes on his spinal column and deep abrasions in his back that will require several skin grafts. Flesh on his backside was ground to the bone.

Taylor is set to appear in court on Thursday afternoon. If convicted, he could serve a maximum five-year sentence, a $10,000 fine, or both.

6. c64basic

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    Florida: Dump truck runs red light, buries pickup with gravel
    [​IMG]

snips

7. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=jreUESlDYKs[/video]

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=jreUESlDYKs[/video]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.