Stupid fueling question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Six9GS, Nov 19, 2020.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Depending which tank ur fuel gauge reads . It may show u have a full tank and it will drop rapidly as the tanks level out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If your expecting perfek langwage use and spellin yore in the rong place.
    We make it a point not to cricalize other peeple's mangling of the English lankwidge.
    You peaple that was English majors just half to grit your teeth and get threw it.

4. calnca

calnca Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Bella Vista, AR
    ^^^^^

While certainly not a English Major........I was educated, so one could reasonably presume that I could put together a sentence that was understandable and used the correct words and expressions.....but then again I'm also not lazy, and have pride in my work product.

I personally think it's insulting for someone to communicate with another and not take the time to make the message understandable, spelled correctly and at least make an effort for the correct punctuation etc.

Take pride in EVERYTHING you do in life....it's really not that hard.

DAX_, sirhwy, spindrift and 4 others Thank this.
  5. REO6205

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Not everyone has the benefit of a good education and the ability to express themselves well.
    Some people don't communicate well. That's probably not their fault.
    There's no need for you, or anyone, to feel insulted because the spelling and grammar in a post don't meet your standards. That's elitist and there's really no place for that here.
    If you shut off a person because they don't express themselves to your standards you could possibly miss out on something you need to know. Stay with the forum and get what you can out of it...or not.
    Your choice entirely.

DrFlush, JolliRoger, 88 Alpha and 12 others Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Have you been doing this job long?

Must not have been if you’re insulted by something as miniscule as that...

7. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    Grammer etc....I don't have time to fix what my spell check 'fixes' or my fat fingers mangle if I post before I notice.
    Also, let's suppose I read a post using coup de grace in lieu of piece de resistance. Is there really a win in pointing it out? I understood it, probably other readers did as well. And isn't that the point of communication? That poster makes better money, and knows a ton more than I do, so really? I'm taking the good stuff and ignoring the trivial errors.
    That's what works for me. YMMV

8. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    +1

And add to that those of us for whom English is not our first (or even second) language, for those like dyslexics for whom written language is a struggle on their best day, and those for whom Siri knows better..... Spelling is not the measure you make it out to be.

9. REO6205

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    A friend of ours is an interpreter for a multi-national company in the Bay Area.
    She speaks seven languages fluently and can converse in about ten others. Remarkable woman.
    She's Finnish and she says that of all the different languages she's learned American English is absolutely the hardest to use and use correctly.

10. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    What’s this grammar you speak of? Is that some kind of tasty cracker?

11. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I disagree, English was for me the easiest, by far. Then German , then French, and I’m still trying to become conversational in Spanish, a near 30 year struggle.

Finnish is devilishly difficult, like Basque.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.