Stupid husband

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by crazypawife, Jul 15, 2018.

1. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    HR deals more with drug related information along with insurance but I am always looking to expand my knowledge ESPECIALLY if it can help me at work. I've already sent a few links to my personal email for reading later. If there is anywhere you think I should be looking, I would really appreciate some direction.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
    Reason for edit: fixed quote
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    not entirely...you forget they can pull a random on him. and when that pops a positive, they CAN report that.

wore out and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Tell him to join a trade union. IBEW, Carpenters union sprinkler fitters etc etc.

The trades are experiencing a shortage of workers too. And the pay and benefits are very good.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  5. Broke_and_Hungry

Broke_and_Hungry Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Michigan
    Of course, or Reasonable Suspicion. As another poster indicated, we do not have the full story. My assumption was based on the OP's information that the incident/accident was the trigger for the test..

buddyd157 and deathB4decaf Thank this.
  6. deathB4decaf

Jan 10, 2018
    Plus we don't know what triggered the incident. Maybe conflicting stories from the 2 involved. Who knows. I would genuinely assume they can report ANY failed drug test. But, that is just an assumption.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Size matters not here. If you are fit and strong you can do it.

Ive met many a dwarf (*Im not PC) who are about yea high the level of a flatbed deck off the pavement tossing chains and straps correctly. Or throwing boxes all night. No problems there.

I should remind the Vet the Military has a wide variety of big people and small people within standards. It's the small ones you should keep a eye on. Particularly the quiet ones. I was pretty lightweight when I started in a warehouse situation full of big strong people who openly called me weak, dared me to quit etc. But after 6 weeks, nothing but blessed silence and the occasional encouragement when I took on a very large or heavy object. You can say I got my learning in that particular warehouse long before I touched a truck school. They were a very rough crew, all beef and no brains. But sonehow I hung in there until that particular task was complete with them. I might have taken a few decades off my skeleton doing it. But when there's work to do, get to it.

The worst work is horse feed. When the farm supply feed truck fills our silo, I end up filling 120-150 pound sacks bigger than a human body which behave like dead bodies when needing a lift to the wagon way off the ground. That hurt. But we got it done. (Correction, I got it done.)

That's one of the biggest reasons one of my medical early onset issues with my bones in late life. I have had not the brains enough to stay away from hard work.

8. deathB4decaf

Jan 10, 2018
    Dwarf is actually PC so you were and didn't even know it. ;)

I use to bail hay and help out on the farm regularly. I appreciate you knowing that is not all about the size. He doesn't seem to get that.

All I would be doing to help would be transporting CMV's or trailers to a location approximately an hour from here. That's the biggest problem we have. When we send the drivers out to other states to get vehicles, we run out of guys to do local runs which is also very important to the business.

Bean Jr. and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Mayby trainee getting rid of stupid trainer.? Yup yup. Can this post even be real. Have not read all comments yet, but they say "stupid is as stupid does".

10. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Can he dig ditch? He already pretty much dug a grave for his trucking career . Good luck. A trainer too, hope he can give up his doobies.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  11. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    Learn as much as you can about D.O.T. Regs because if theres a D.O.T, audit, you will be the first one they will deal with, you being safety director. If theres driver violations, they will want to know what actions you took. You'll have to be able to prove you handled the matter according to D.O.T. guidelines.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.