Stupid Mistakes You'll Make

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Fronningen, Jan 3, 2018.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Are you off your meds again?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I once missed a turn in Chicago. To make a long story short I soon was looking at a sign saying 9 feet.

SingingWolf, midnightlost and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    After what happened to me it shows no matter how experienced you are how easy it is to make a mistake, i had parked my truck off the road near a motel cause i was worried about it getting broken into while i was sleeping in the motel when i went to leave from the parking lot my truck got stuck as i went around the corner i thought it was stuck on the curb however it was wedged against a lamp post silly me instead of going out and taking a look i just kept pulling forward and knocked over the lamp post, till this day i still don't know why I did it the only thing i put it down to was that morning i was really stressed out about a personal matter in the family and just wasn't thinking straight.

midnightlost and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes, Completely OFF. These last 70+ days.

The story is simple. With clarity. Switch+stupid driver = broken truck.

In about 7 weeks time I expect extensive medical scanning to do a survey of the spine for the first time in 20+ years of fighting the problems associated with it. It will also bring in new medicines and they will be more powerful than the old ones which have pretty much burned out after almost 10 years.

midnightlost and REO6205 Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We had a bad september one year.

Septembers and I do not get along. It's a storm with greybeards on the bridge type of problem. With that said, I had neglected to renew the registration on the tags with the car that year. 9 months later State Bear pulls me in.

I paid the fine instantly, it never touched the driving record anywhere. It was treated as a gift to the Police. Tags were renewed in 5 minutes at the revenuer. So all was well again.

If we got distracted like that, anyone can if things get difficult enough. I got a big bottle of hiram walker against next september. lol.

Trucker61016 and midnightlost Thank this.
  7. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Always remember to crank up your landing gear.

Swapped trailers, connecting everything and got interupted and forgot them down. Drug them across the yard. It was fine but I’ll never forget again.

SingingWolf, x1Heavy and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.