Subforum suggestion.

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by dngrous_dime, Jan 25, 2017.

1. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    I know there's Cars, and the 18-Wheeler sections, but is there a chance we could get a section like Shop Talk? Discussing tools, work areas, fabrication, etc??? Or am I the only one that thinks that might be useful? I'd like a place to get feedback on tool selections as I rebuild my collection, leaning towards heavy truck maintenance capabilities, as well as general automotive.

Admin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    Good question, thanks for asking. If it's related to 18-wheelers, that's definitely the type of discussion we want to have in that forum. I haven't added a subforum for non-trucking topics in many years, because our mission is to provide a platform for exchanging information about trucking, and there are other sites which are already better platforms for shop talk about cars and other non-trucking topics.

Big Don, ExOTR and dngrous_dime Thank this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Sounds like a good idea.

5. dngrous_dime

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Yeah, I didn't mean just for cars. But for me, personally, if I'm going to invest in a shop space for a truck, it'll have regular automotive capabilities as well.
    So, I guess what I meant was, a forum leaning towards shop facilities and tools, not just the technical aspects of truck maintenance. Ask about suggestions for an air compressor now, and I'll be told to look up factory specs, when I'm debating a compressor for shop air. :p

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The amount my ex old lady talked she could've powered my 3/4" impact no problem :laughing-guffaw:

7. dngrous_dime

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    I'm sure she had the CFM, but what about pressure? I'm sure she tried putting plenty of pressure on you....LOL

AModelCat Thanks this.
  8. scottlav46

scottlav46 Road Train Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Escanaba, MI
    Hahahahaha my wife's been complaining about her jaw aching lately and that's my first response 'just stop flappin em for a while' n she just fake smiles and keeps yappin. I think you're on to somethin with the voice-to-energy thing.

Big Don and AModelCat Thank this.
  9. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    What do you consider to be non Trucking topics anything else other than 18 Wheels?

10. dv8ter25

dv8ter25 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Somewhere, TN.
    What about a team driver forum. You know that is a separate issue as well. A lot of pros and cons on that subject.

11. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    Is this something that's going to be used just for topics about what shop equipment to buy and layouts for shops? Can you give me an example of some other threads that aren't currently a fit for the Eighteen Wheeler forum?

I think there's a lot to trucking besides 18 wheels, and a lot of people trucking in things other than 18 wheelers.

A broad example of what I consider to be a non-trucking topic: Talking about your favorite sports team? Probably not a trucking topic. You'd be welcome to start a thread in the Everything or Social forum, but I wouldn't create a new subforum for it.

Give me three topics you'd start in that forum, a promise that you'll respond to every thread that gets posted in there for the next 90 days, and tag 3 other active members that would do the same. Subforums don't just take off, it takes some dedicated people to get things rolling and keep them rolling. If you're going to put in the effort, I'll create the subforum.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Big Don Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.