Sudbury, Spanish, Thunder Bay

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by tinytim, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Sure looks like someone was in the wrong lane.

tinytim Thanks this.
  3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Just taking your life in your hands on the roads now. Especially in NW Ontario.

4. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    My best friend called me yesterday and told me about the crash on #17.
    He and his wife were heading for the cottage and spent 5 hours waiting before traffic began to move.

It's tragic but not a surprise, can't even count all the crashes I've seen over the years or close calls I've had on #17, cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, moose, motorhomes, RV's and etc.
    The highway isn't dangerous, just the people who drive on it.

tinytim Thanks this.
  5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Ontario Provincial Police have confirmed that a Thunder Bay resident was among the three individuals killed in a head-on collision between two transport trucks west of Sistonen's Corners last Thursday.

OPP on Monday identified him as 49-year-old Kenneth MacDonald.

Also killed were 23-year-old Gurpreet Singh of Mississauga and 24-year-old Karambir Singh of Brampton.

The two were in an eastbound transport while MacDonald was driving a westbound tractor-trailer.

- Thunder Bay man among three victims of transport collision - TBNewsWatch.com

Hmm, I'm going to take a guess as to who was in the wrong lane...

6. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Where's the snow this year? We got some while we were in lake effect western Michigan for a family event, at home. Big storm went through and I could feel it, but it didn't do much.A dusting was all that was there south of Grand Rapids..

7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Yeah, the images suggest Gardewine wasn't the one on the wrong side of the road.

I would assume the team truck wasn't the Gardewine.

Not liking to assume I found this.
    Cynthia Tobin

gdwn.jpg

magoo68 and not4hire Thank this.
  8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Its gotten significantly worse this winter than any other year previous with bad drivers on the road.

I don't know if its a cultural thing, a I-don't-give-a-####-about-anyone-but-myself attitude, lack of pay attracting decent drivers or just piss-poor judgement skills.

The amount of stupid and the amount of times I've almost gone off the road to avoid these ####-heels is just insane. Just lucky that I haven't caught one of them at a cardlock yet.

9. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    Throw two drivers under 25 years old in a truck together, what could possibly go wrong? The young Indian drivers especially the truckers drive like idiots. Before anyone calls me racist, my parents are Indian. Knew 3 young drivers around my age that drove or still drive their trucks like complete idiots.

Despite all that, sad for all involved.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.