suing a broker

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by dannythetrucker, Jun 7, 2013.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I would just like to say that Baxter and Baily does not work that good, I have used them before and was not impressed.

jbgrim72 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Not_Here_Long

Not_Here_Long Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Quickest way to get your money is to call the shipper and receiver and tell them you're going to sue them for the unpaid freight bill they'll build a fire under the broker.
    I done it once the load was triple brokered by landstar the original broker went nuts on the agent.
    agent called me with some mouth told them if they'd handled business I wouldn't have had to call.
    Now I use a non recourse factoring company

4. Masonic traveling man

Masonic traveling man Bobtail Member

May 19, 2020
    What gets me is that these guys do this for months on end, complaints get filed to the load boards, but their credit still show an A rating and pay withing 30 days. What good is the ratings if nobody updates them or puts up a caution that complaints have been filed. Also, what good is a bond if you can't collect on any load you haul, not just interstate loads. We got burned for $1200 because of this loophole and so did about 22 others that hauled for CARGA INC. Now we are told we have no recourse because they went out of business.

5. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    WRONG WRONG WRONG! YOU DO HAVE RECOURSE! Sue the shipper. The law is very clear, the carrier always gets paid. I have sued many many shippers over the last 20 years. I have always gotten my money. Never sue the broker or go after the bond. It’s a waste of time. If a broker doesn’t pay it’s the shippers problem not the carrier. You would be shocked how quickly many brokers will pay very quickly when they see their customers name on a civil complaint. As for the rest the shipper will pay you because it’s cheaper than court and they have no defense. Don’t hire a lawyer. Use small claims court. Very cheap, very quick. PM me if you want more help.

LeviTrucker, Jshaw12, TallJoe and 2 others Thank this.
  6. GPT

GPT Bobtail Member

May 13, 2020

7. GPT

GPT Bobtail Member

May 13, 2020
    So I’m having this issue now not being paid for a load. I have filed a claim against the bond waiting now y to I see what happens. But the contract agreement does say the broker is the sole party responsible and under no circumstances will the Carrier seek payment from the shipper or consignee. Having this issue with LDI Logistics out of New York. Any suggestions.

8. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    If they haven't paid you they broke the agreement, go after the shipper.

9. Rudym777

Rudym777 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2023
    Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me here, I book a load that ended up being double brokered, I called original brooker told them what happened but keep saying it was delivered a day pass and I had other loads to cover , original brooker finally got back to me but could take it till next week, so I gave them optio. To pay to take to deliver or pay less and I'll take it back to shipper no problem, so we settle and a week later they wrote on carrier411 that I was involved in the double brookering and bad mouthing my company. What can I do or can I take any legal action here , I got all emails and proof of the scammer I sent it to the original brooker as well , they refuse to take comments down

FASTTRACK Thanks this.
  10. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Sorry, you've been corrupted by the taint of double brokering and must be purged by FreightGuard fire. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten Rudym777.

Avrakotos Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.