Sunglasses

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TwinStickPeterbilt, Apr 12, 2014.

1. EverLuc

EverLuc Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2013
    U.S Wings/ Randolph Engineering. Aviators with bayonets. I lose them, find them, lose them, find them in the side box or dangling under the trailer. Not a scratch on the lenses.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
  4. Cowmobile

Cowmobile Medium Load Member

May 9, 2011
    The hammer lane....
    Costa Del Mar! All I will wear..

5. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Road Train Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Retired in Taunton Ma
    I bought a pair of those X ray glasses you see in the back of magazines.They're great for looking into women's cars as they pass.

6. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    My eyes are like my boots and gloves. Cant put a price on them. I wear $140 Gargoyle polorized driving glasses. Not dark at all,. I can wear them in the middle of the night. They dont scratch like plastic Raybans, Oakley, Maui Jims or others I have tried. Glass lenses. Have a yellowish tan hue to them. Pilots wear them as well. I'll have to ask my wife the specific name for them. They look pretty cool and fit perfectly for a guy with a big noggin like I have.
    Boots,.. Red Wings. Gloves,... imported Steel Hands.

Though to be honest,.. Walmart Brahmas last just as long as Red Wings, but Walmart wont re-sole your boots when they wear out, Free of charge I might add. Not quite as comfortable as these either which are mid length combat style with padded inserts. Cool in summer and warm in winter.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
  8. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I could collect sunglasses like Imelda Marcos did shoes, but polarized glass lens Ray Bans are all I wear while driving in normal light. For cloudy days or lower light conditions I use a pair of Serengeti Drivers. Sunglasses & shoes are two things I won't scrimp on.

9. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I love my Maui Jim's

10. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I like to think I am not the only smug SOB who chuckles to himself when I see people spinning the $2 sunglass rack at truck stops.

EverLuc, Boardhauler and tangerineGT Thank this.
  11. jbourque

jbourque Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    south english iowa
    twinstickpete the same as you,i didnt take my ray bans out of the truck until i retired. it would be my guess that is why lasted so long. they really are great glasses. be safe out there

TwinStickPeterbilt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.