Sunglasses

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TwinStickPeterbilt, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Drifter379

Drifter379 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Liberty Hill, Texas
    Amber polarized lenses. I refuse to pay mor than $20. A pair usually last me a year or so.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    "Over time" a pair of sun glasses in my possession will be sat on, dropped, lost... by the time they are degraded they're gone. Its el cheapo or bankruptcy!!! LOL!!!

Skydivedavec, losttrucker and 'olhand Thank this.
  4. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/smitwesmagsa.html
    Im w/pony on this one--been using these bout 5 years now--usually around 6-7bucks at tractor supply--probably strong enuff to last a looooong time--but Im lucky if I dont do sumthin dumb w/em and get a month out of them---LOL

5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I too had that problem. My wife bought me a case with my first pair of 'expensive' sunglasses and reminded me that if I wanted some luvn when I got home that I should be responsible enough to take care of some #!@$% sun glasses. To her credit the case worked. The hardest part was remembering to use the case when the glasses where not in use. Now its just become habit to me.

Hurst

6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I have two pair of prescription Ray-bans, one pair stays in the semi all the time, the other pair is at home and switches between vehicles depending on what I drive. I get so used to wearing them during the day in the truck I often forget to take them off and frequently wear them indoors. They are polarized and heavily tinted, so much so that you can't see my eyes behind through them. My frames are 5 and 3 yrs old respectively, one has a rubberized coating the other just black plastic. Will probably replace the one frame this year when I get new glasses.

ironpony Thanks this.
  7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Yeah, I'm about at the point where I really need to consider wearing my glasses. Gonna have to get used to dealing with them properly so I don't sit on the darn things, 'n squash 'em!

8. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    I put a glasses case in one of my cup holders all the time. Easy to swap out glasses when I go in and out of the truck several times a day.

9. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I wear prescription glasses and use flip up clip ons. For bright days I have a pair of polarized flip ups and find that much of the time I have them halfway down so I can see the gauges easier. For those rare hazy days I have a pair of yellow tinted flip up clip ons and they really help to see in difficult conditions.

LOL! There are more sunglasses sold per capita in Seattle than anywhere else. The reason is when that bright round thing appears in the sky once every 3-4 weeks everyone forgot where they put their sunglasses. When I worked at a backpack store it was amazing how many expensive sunglasses we would sell on a bright day. I remember one gentleman that worked just down the street, seemed like he bought about 12 pair of the same model Varnet's at $250 a pop in one year.

10. Al. Roper

Al. Roper Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Bakersville NC
    I get mine from Walmart. I wear contacts so non-prescription, they are polarized and cost about $30. Usually buy 2 pair a year, cause I wear them all the time, I usually do something when I'm home to mess them up!

11. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I usually just wear the dark pyramex safety ones like they sell at home depot. I was able to find wider ones at the safety wearhouse though. There a bit more comfortable.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.