Sunoco Logistics

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by JordanS, May 11, 2013.

1. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I'm told that most runs in my area will be around 80-90 miles. When I do the math with their new pay scale, i come up with about $280/day. That is with 2 loads/day. I'm told that you can sometimes pull 3 loads and sometimes you cam get a 6th day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 5-20

5-20 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    That sounds good thanks Arky....

4. peterivens

peterivens Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Looking to move to TX just started to look for jobs , no experience in the oil field ,no otr exp. either but I have ben driving for just about 12 yrs with no ticket s or accident's they must be willing to train if they are hiring people right out of school ? Just wondering what your thought s on this I realize I would need to contact the co. for an answer. thanks for the info

5. RSQ Diver

RSQ Diver Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    San Angelo, Texas
    First off you MUST have your tanker and hazmat endorsement or you may as well not even try. Second, if you have 12 years tractor trailer experience that should count for something. Is any of it tanker experience? If you have your endorsements already then go ahead and apply, they will tell you where you stand.

6. RSQ Diver

RSQ Diver Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    San Angelo, Texas
    I have my interview with them scheduled for next Thursday in Abilene. I'm bringing the wife so on Friday she can tour San Angelo and look at houses. I'm sure not going to miss the cold Missouri winters!

7. TruckinBuc

TruckinBuc Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2013
    I've been following the threads about Sunoco and was wondering if they provide any housing for the Cline shale area? If not, are there RV parks nearby that aren't too expensive?

Thanks for any help!!

8. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Sunoco does not provide any type of housing. They furnish a motel while you are in orientation. After that you are on your own. There are rv spaces around, but none are cheap. The avg seems to be $400-$500/month in San Angelo. I'm told that it's a lot more expensive north of here. I leased a 1br/1ba apt for $575/mo + utilities. Everything is getting leased up quick around the area.

I did have an rv lot that I found for $225/mo...and it was the nicest lot I found in the area, but I decided to do the Apt lease. They only had the one lot available and I would guess it is long gone by now.

9. TruckinBuc

TruckinBuc Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Thanks for the response Arky. Sounds like housing is kinda crazy there. I read they are building more housing for the oil industry. Hopefully this is true. Do you see much housing activity or RV parks going up?

10. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I wouldn't count on a lot of new housing specificly for the oil industry. Most people here know that the boom will only last for a finite time period, then it will be gone. If you have access to an rv for at least a short time, i think you could find a place for it...although at what i consider an outrageous price of $400-$500/month. In time, you can come up with something more permanent.

I know of a really nice mobile home park that charges in the $350/month range for lots and they have a lot of open lots. There is more than one mobie home park that you can look into, if that is to your liking. I personally didn't want a yard to maintain..is why I chose an apt. A person could buy a mobile home and set it up in one of these mobile home parks and have a decent place though.

TruckinBuc Thanks this.
  11. cmbk21

cmbk21 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2013
    midland, tx
    no. everything is expensive,

Also I was supposed to go to Abilene today for my drug screen with Sunoco, but the whole week before I started asking around and talking to drivers, and there is no way I would work for them, safety safety safety, not that safety is bad, but there is a better place to be..... work your 4 Days, then a night, and sometimes another night, then 24 off, no thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.