Sunteck Broker

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by MB_Guru, Aug 9, 2012.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    You ought to insist on compensation for the extra 120 miles at the same rate per mile at the very least. And get someone on the phone with the authority to make it happen. That's just downright TQL.

86scotty Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VinceL

VinceL Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    I'm with you on that. "Stay away from FL and you won't have that problem. Sunteck is like any other big brokerage, it depends on the agent you deal with. Same with LS, the agent in GA (678 area code) is the cheapest LS agent i've ever called. Needless to say, i see their loads and pass right over them.
    I've had good luck with Sunteck so far (knock on wood) and hopefully that will continue.

4. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    +2 Just because you call the and they give you a cheap rate dont make them cheap makes you cheap if you haul it and 6wheeler if a broker rate sheet say Harrisburg and after you load they say 120 miles farther dont let them tell you what they will pay you for the extra miles you tell them what they are going to pay you within reason or they can pull it back off and pay you for truck not used plus any time. And when I say within reason if they are paying $2 a mile to began with you tell them $2.50 a mile for the extra 120 miles no way in hello I would have did it for $.83 a mile. If drivers stop crying and complaining about brokers and learn to call tell them what they want if they cant give it tell them thank but cant do it for less than that. I never see them complaining about TA Flying J charging $.10-$.30 cents more a gallon for fuel than others in the same area.
    Heres what I see
    :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:XYZ Broker gave me a cheap rate
    The only bad brokers i know is the ones that wont pay just because they offered to pay me $.10 a mile dont make them bad heck if I could offer TA $.10 a gallon for fuel and they accepted it dont make me bad it just makes the person that accept it dumb

5. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Which one? There's about 45 agents in the 678 area code.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Probably a branch office for MRE under a different "three letters" call sign but owned and managed by the same top cat? That bunch at MRE are getting rich off all the cheap freight they broker all over the country and living it up on a beach somewhere in Florida. I really do believe that! Yep, sure enough... LoL good ol' MRE :)

7. Johny3004

Johny3004 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2017
    I have my own authority. Booked load with them. Very bad communication on their side especially accounting department. They hung up on you or give silly BS answers that not related to payment delay and wrong amount and they said because they had wrong company address on file. If you carrier with own authority I dot recommend do business with them you will regret. It took like 3 months to get paid for load with hassle. Had their manager to call me after posting negative review on DAT and after I couldn't delete it they blacklisted my company to do business. I'm only glad no to work with bad BS brokers

8. terrrysbarker

terrrysbarker Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2020
    While i dont condone less than a dollar a mile loads and have never tendered a load that cheap i would like to ask just what you was paid to go into florida? Seems a check and balance system there, rates are crazy high going into that area lately. But yeah that does sound cheap even from a brokers view of things.

9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Sunteck is on our #### list. Won't pull another load for them. Even tho we eventually got paid i had to go way over their head and get the suits involved

10. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    So nothing changed in 8 years

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.