Super 10

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by jbar, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

Spike's right,they are a cold natured animal.I love em though.A lot of folks say they won't hold up but a freind of mine bought a new 379exhd in'97 with a cummins and super 10....he ran the west coast turn around from the midwest till june of 07 with it for a total of 1,650,xxxx without having to touch a thing on the tranny itself so that theory isn't altogether right..Some say they won't hold up to big power,the old Pete in my pics is running a marine 3406 dynoed #635hp and has a super 10 in it.Its still holding up well and is Cadillac smoof.So that dog won't hunt either.I always pre selected and the only complaint I've ever had with one is a slow rolling downshift while stopping or low rpm rolling shift....I would blow it every once in awhile which gave you the growling noise of trying to catch a hole.Guaranteed it was always my fault though for talking on the phone/radio while trying to eat a sandwich and checking out a seat cover or another truck all at the same time,not the tranny.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Etosha

Etosha World Citizen

Aug 19, 2007
    Edmonton, AB
    Yes, my super 10 hates cold weather. Unlike you Spike, what I do in cold weather, is when I need to shift up, I move the button to the higher gear, depress the clutch and it pops right into gear. Once the engine warms up, then I have no problems shifting without the clutch again.

4. Etosha

Etosha World Citizen

Aug 19, 2007
    Edmonton, AB
    Exactly Brick. Also, for me the sweet spot in RPM is around 1200. That seems to be the magic spot for my truck.

5. russwhite86

russwhite86 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Portage, MI
    i loved the super 10 in my old truck, had 930xxx when i gave her up, had a new motor put in a couple years ago, neve had a problem w/ the trans. once you get used to driving them their great....your not gonna win any drag races with then though

6. Young-Gun-101

Young-Gun-101 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Iowa
    What style super 10 did you get? Does it have where you shift it to 9th gear and it automaticaly puts it into 10th -9th the easiest way to spilt your gears is lets say your in 5th wanting to split to 6th while in 5 gear get your RPM around 1200-1300 push the spliter forward while not letting off the accelerator then when ready let up and it will shift smoothly every time. sorry if hard to understand not good at spelling stuff out.
    Mike,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.