Super bright LED headlights.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by LoneRanger, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Op
    The last time I went in to the service department at a TA's asking for some head lights and I added that I didn't want no LED lights cause I don't want to piss anyone off..
    Some other driver replied "that's the fun part of having them"

LoneRanger and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I don't think new OEM headlights are the problem on any vehicle. They're great IMO, both driving and in oncoming traffic. It's the aftermarket crap out there people add that is the problem. Misaimed, shaking, bright white weapons of destruction put on older trucks including light bars and all the other crap like this you see out there.

I can attest that older OEM Volvo lights are awful and it took me $500 to get a decent upgrade, HID not LED.

I do NOT approve of auto dimming headlights. Just one more thing like the gear shifter that 'technology' has dumbed us down more with. Doesn't matter I guess since the cars will just drive themselves soon.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I am not sure. I-40 between AZ and the better part of TN seems to be High beam city East or Westbound. Usually Flatbedders, Dually "Hotshotters" or Longnose "Hood" Supertruckers that seem to think that if you cant be seen from the INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION..... you need more lights!

JoeyJunk and JolliRoger Thank this.
  5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    As long as you have them properly aimed, and shut them off when you're parked, I'm fine with them - as long as you don't have cheap flat-panel POSes that blind everybody because they have no horizontal cutoff, like these:
    4 x 6 Haizer Headlight LED H/L

86scotty and mjd4277 Thank this.
  6. geordi

geordi Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Some delicate supertruckers here with their wide-floodlight load lights.... What do you snowflakes do when the blinding light is the reflection off someone's chrome of the SUN? Can't flash your lights / blind the other drivers with that now, can you? Poor sweet supertruckers...

7. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Good thing there's no difference between daylight and dark.

062 Thanks this.
  8. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Stop using common sense... they don’t understand.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  9. geordi

geordi Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Good thing there's no difference between indirect daylight and the full intensity reflection of the sun, or indirect night headlamps or a floodlight pointed right at eye level 10 feet from the eyes of the LED driver you supertruckers are so angry with - while you are trying to also illegally run them off the road.

10. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    That’s a hell of a run on sentence!

AModelCat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.