Super Service LLC (Grand Rapids, MI)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by WingmanII, Jun 5, 2012.

1. WingmanII

WingmanII Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2010
    muskegon, MI
    If you are a new driver just starting out this may be a decent company, but for a driver with any experience at all, STAY AWAY! They are a force dispatch company that will abuse the crap out of you and short your pay as much as they can. They pay household goods miles, so the pay is short anyway, but then they force you to drive their routes which will increase your miles without increasing your pay. I actually had a few loads that shorted my pay by 50%. This company believes that the drivers should bow down and kiss their feet for giving you a job, and if you don't, well your miles go down. 1600 miles a week at .27 cpm with a .09 cpm per diem, and I was one of their higher paid drivers. never saw a pay increase in the two plus years I worked there.

The last straw was when my father died, and I had to quickly get home, instead of getting me home, they routed me farther away, and forced me to park at a different terminal and fly out. they wouldn't even give me a ride to the airport. Then the day after I arrived, they told me I had to quickly return and get back to work. All this after I requested a weeks vacation, and had been out over two months straight.

Started blogging on facebook, which they monitor closely, saying I was sick of them and looking for another carrier, and was asked to resign. When I refused, I was fired. All this within a week of burying my father, and spending an arm and a leg on airfare, and taxicabs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shaggy76

Shaggy76 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    That's trucking for you... With Mo Lester Coggins.

4. Honestsin

Honestsin Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Tennessee
    Wow you made it 2 years with them? I didn't even make it a full solid week. I went in at $.35 a mile and seen real quick what kind company this was. When they assigned me the Volvo it had like 700,000 miles on it. Long story short I took it to the shop with a long list. I ended up going over to the side of the yard where the wrecked trucks were a pulled off as much as I could and started fixing the small stuff that I could fix before they caught me. My first load went to Hanover pa. I was thinking nice start right. After I delivered the load dispatching called me and said I had to take a 10 hour break. I said I did lol. Because when I was hired the guy in class told me it only had to look good on paper. So I said fine 12 miles down the road was a small truck stop I will go there. She said 12 miles? Wait I have to get that approved. I was shocked. 12 miles really? So that night I pick up a 170 mile load in Hanover going to Richmond va. Deliver the chips then waited till next day to pick up tires in Wilson nc. I get there the trailer failed the inspection so I had to park it in the reject lot. Which was already almost full with their trailers. I get the load going to ky. Just outside Lexington. So now its Monday. I get there and they say oh your 1 day early . I'm like a 500 mile run a day early? I look on the Qualcomm and sure enough I was. I called dispatch she was like set on it till tomorrow . I asked how many miles do drivers get here in a week she said about 350 a day. And they only run east of the Mississippi except for Texas . I brought the load back to Somerset and let them have at it. All that was different than what I was told on the phone before I came. Which as a driver I was used to that but that was by far the worst company I have ever worked for.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    mje and satmantoo Thank this.
  5. Shaggy76

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Back in the day, I filled out an app for Lester Coggins. They set me up for orientation and I said no thanks. Two weeks later I get a bill for the cost of a bus ticket and a note that said I failed to report to orientation and quit under dispatch. I laughed at it, wrote back that I never accepted their offer or agreed to orientation. Plus I live 20 min away so why would I need a bus ticket. Well, they reported it on my DAC that I quit under dispatch. It took me 3 months to get that off my DAC. I was working for an employer then and stayed another 2 years. The only reason I even contacted LCT was to get my then employer to give me a raise... It almost cost me the job from their nonsense.

mje Thanks this.
  6. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Hmmm, I see nothing's changed at Gainey/GTS/Superservice/whatevernamethey'llhavenextweek. Sorry to hear Wingman. Don't let them discourage you. They aren't the best for experienced drivers, but are good for getting your feet wet.

mje Thanks this.
  7. Shaggy76

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    That's true. Get your feet nice and soaked and then dry them out at another carrier.

mje and fancypants Thank this.
  8. roadhog2012

roadhog2012 Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2012
    usa
    Hello all...Am thinking of going to Super Service and was wondering if i could get some insider information. NO company bashers please!

1st. What's the pay?

2nd. Home time policy

3rd. What's the primary running area, i know east of the Mississippi but which states are they in the most? And do they ever go father then Miss?

Thanks again..

mje Thanks this.
  9. RALPHMANBEARPONY

RALPHMANBEARPONY Light Load Member

May 25, 2012
    CLEVELAND GA.
    Read post # 1,3,4,5 My reading no so good,but these posts seem to grasp life driving for these fine folk.

fancypants and mje Thank this.
  10. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    Ive had more than a few run-ins with gainey/superservice/whatever, they have garbage equipment,Ive witnessed their drivers pulling off a lot of idiocy(for instance, parking in a fuel island or on curb of a nearly empty lot, watching movies while driving, drag-racing anyone who tries to pass them, cutting other trucks off to get to a ramp, etc.) I have a close friend of mine who worked for lct, and when gainey bought them out, it when downhill, severe increases in turnover, drivers getting screwed on pay checks, etc.

Gainey/superservice/lct is one group of companies that needs to be wiped off the face of the earth and its executives dragged out into the street and executed for the way they screw drivers.

mje Thanks this.
  11. roadhog2012

roadhog2012 Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2012
    usa
    thx all...Know its not much of a better comp but im headed to w/e on the 30th.. never knew all the garbage was actually true about these folks...

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.