Super Valu-Denver,PA Not Worth Pulling Any Loads For Them!!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by mjd4277, Feb 3, 2017.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This particular Super Valu distribution center is located off US 222 and the PA Turnpike (I-76,Exit 286). Don't arrive here too early as they won't check you in until at least 3-5 hours before your scheduled appointment and they don't allow drivers to do 10 hour breaks here(security will actually come out to the truck parking area and make you leave the property),they'll refer you to either the Walmart supercenter in Ephrata(6 miles down US 222) or a truck stop in East Earl(20 minutes away).This is the second time I've delivered to this hole in the ground and in seems like they don't hold truck drivers in high regard here. I don't what my company bid to get to haul their stuff but it isn't worth the aggravation,especially if your DOT time runs down just to wait to deliver their stuff even though I arrived on-time/early. I've got better things to do than babysitting their load waiting for my 6 hours of drive time to run out. That being said,avoid their loads if you can.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    And I would NOT recommend doing what the minimum wage ignorant security guard when he tells you to go to Walmart in Ephrata. I have seen numerous heavy duty wreckers doing there thing there. Safe to say you are not welcome at that Walmart because of the abuses.

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Been there once about 5 years ago and they were jerks then too .
    Seems par for the course with all super valu facilities although the last time I was in the Hopkins MN and Fargo warehouses they would let you park there .

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I also think this parking problem boils down to disrespectful drivers throwing trash and piss bottles on parking lots and they got tired of the problem .
    No point in going further as I'm sure ttr members don't do things like that .
    We just pay the price .

6. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    They're the worst!If you think c&s warehouses are bad wait til you get the pleasure of that place!

7. Sipesh

Sipesh Medium Load Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Colorado
    Ah, got held for 5 hours over "the last pallet on the truck," because I wouldn't hand over an additional $20.00 cash they demanded after already taking the check I had for their lumpers. This was Super Valu in Urbana, Il.

mjd4277 and bzinger Thank this.
  8. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

That walmart is like a second truck stop.... i see trucks there every single night these days.

As for the acme/albertsons/super value.

I do think they care about truck drivers as around this area, they have the best to offer their drivers.
    But thats for another time and more beer.

You do see the lot size right? And the volume of trucks that service that warehouse? I dont blame them for not allowing everyone and their mother to take a break there.

Disclaimer: No I do not or have I ever worked there. Had the opportunity too, but didnt like the drive from home.

Now I kinda wonder where I would be in life had I. Again, another topic for more beer and "Mr. Nobody" (someone will get the reference)

Sho Nuff and bzinger Thank this.
  9. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    That place was j Merle Jones I think ..super valu always has been down there with c@s grocers .

10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

The line of companies that warehouse actually is, is quite long. Super value is towards the end i think. @Sho Nuff knows the whole timeline.

Sho Nuff and bzinger Thank this.
  11. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Made my day when c@s in Woodbridge closed .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.