Superior Carriers 2011

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Jan 12, 2011.

1. t bird

t bird Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Advance NC.
    Yes it' different Rob I'm with Transport Service. Hope you get a west coast run. I'm going to be doing some High Point NC to Charleston SC runs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    6/9-6/10

West coast load never came in. Yesterday I loaded silicone waste in Raeford and am sitting in Indianapolis getting unloaded now. Heading down to the terminal in Cincinnati where I will sit until 2 AM Sunday when I load for Tulsa OK delivering Monday. Should pick up at least 8 hrs of layover. At least the Cincy terminal is in a decent part of town.

4. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    6/11-6/16

After about a 30 hour break I loaded Sunday 2:00 AM in Cincinnati with a load heading to Tulsa Oklahoma. It didn't deliver until 13:00 Monday so i wound up taking another 18 hour break Sunday night. Got that load delivered on time and was rewarded with a preloaded trailer sitting on the Memphis yard delivering in Greensboro NC Wednesday morning.

I delivered it and figured I would be off for a couple of days since I only had about 8 hours left on my 70 due to not getting a restart in Cincy.

We are busy so they had me do a short out and back load this morning. It is about 280 miles round trip but you also get paid $40 for a load and unload. It took 45 minutes to load and the unload is a drop at P&G.

I am taking about 48 hours off and finally got my West coast load. They will load it tomorrow and bring it to the yard. Its a snot load that delivers out in Sauzus Ca on Wednesday 6/22. That's in the Santa Clarita area. Looking forward to stretching my legs a little.

5. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    6/18-6/24

Been a good week.

Headed out Saturday around 13:00 and ran 500, 667, 650 the next 3 days stopping in Gallup NM Monday night.

As I was driving up some grades in California I passed another Superior truck. My truck pulls like a dog so I wondered if the guy was having some problem. He hollered at me on the CB and we ended up having dinner in Barstow.

This guy was pretty cool. He was an executive chef for years, then started driving a truck about 7 years ago. He started with Tidewater in Kingsport, worked there for 4-5 years, then pulled a bull rack for a couple of years before joining Superior in Jan, 2011. He goes by the name of "Puddin" and Jack McPeak has him doing a voice spot on the CD they put out every month called On the road with Puddin". Pretty good guy. He bought me dinner. I assume he is getting reimbursed from corporate. We had a nice 2 hour conversation.

I headed out around 7 local time after calling the customer for directions. This was an easy air off that took less than 2 hours. It was a bit tricky to find but fortunately Waste water treatment plants are easy to see on satellite maps. I never would have found it without one. The road it was on was blocked and the narrow driveway crossing railroad tracks wasn't marked.

After unloading I was deadheaded to Houston. I made it as far as Sonoma TX before running my 70 out. Doing a reset at the Best Western. I picked a good weekend. There is a rodeo going on across the street with some live music. I might check out the Caverns of Senoma tomorrow. They have a restaurant and RV park down there so it should be bobtail friendly. Sounds like a good use of off duty driving time to me. Only downside of this hotel is the laundry is out of order. They have a washer and dryer at the Pasadena terminal so laundry will wait until then.

6. LostOne9

LostOne9 Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Emerald triangle
    Do they hire outta CA.

7. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem

Probably not. Closest Superior terminal is Parker Az. Carry Transit might. They have a yard in Stockton Ca.

LostOne9 Thanks this.
  8. LostOne9

Jun 6, 2008
    Emerald triangle
    so they are an affiliate of superior, the online application said superior... Thank you wsyrob, put in my app today gonna call tommorrow.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  9. LostOne9

Jun 6, 2008
    Emerald triangle
    well, unfortuanatly they are not hiring at the stockton terminal, talked to the the TM he seemed like a nice guy, I'm thinking about bothering him every couple of weeks, I have time as I am working, just hate the company I'm working for.

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Yes Carry Transit is the food grade side. Superior Bulk Logistics is the parent company, Superior Carriers is the chemical branch. Benefits are the same for both sides.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

LostOne9 Thanks this.
  11. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    6/26-6/30

Had a good time on my restart in Sonora. Went to the rodeo Friday night. I have been to rodeos before but never one in the middle of nowhere Texas. It was 100 F until the sun went down. I had on shorts and tennis shoes. I was the only male there without cowboy boots and jeans. Even the little kids were decked out cowboy hat and all. My favorite part was "Mutton Bustin". This was little league for rodeo. They take a 6-8 year old kid, pad them up, put a helmet on them and time how long they can hang onto a sheep bolting out of the gate. Its a hoot.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m61mP3rwIeg[/ame]

After my 34 I headed over to our terminal in Pasadena arriving Sunday afternoon. I then sat there for 43 hours before loading around the corner. I collected around 29 hour in layover pay for that.

Finally got a load going to Ervin Tn Tuesday morning. Ran it up here, delivered it Thursday and was put on a real short load picking up in Kingsport delivering near Lenoir NC. The original delivery appointment was 10 AM Friday. As I was hooking to the trailer in Kingsport I got a Qualcom saying "plant is open 24 hours deliver ASAP". I still had 7 hours to run that day so I headed to the plant arriving about 15:45. I was hoping to get the load off quick and make it home tonight. I am only about 2 hours away.

Guy at the plant told me he had been trying to find out where I was all day, didn't have anyone to unload me and that it would be in the morning. I called dispatch and they were pissed saying they had 3 emails wanting that load by 16:30. Told me he was going to bill them and to keep track of all my hours. I am sitting at the plant now getting paid hourly until they unload me sometime Friday AM.

Works for me because I probably wasn't going to make it home without another 10 hour break and now I get paid for sleeping. Probably end up being 14-16 hours.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.