Superior Carriers 2011

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Giffcmh

Giffcmh Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2011
    I am going to apply at the Cincinnati terminal. Do know what their major contracts are there? Any info would be great. Thanks. By the way great video.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Procter & Gamble Stepan and Sherwin Williams are the main places I have loaded out of. Its a busy place. They control the Louisville area as well. There is a transloading facility on the southeast side of town that loads a lot of stuff out of rail cars. Its one of the better terminals IMHO.

4. Firebird

Firebird Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Bristol, VA
    Hey guys, I just joined the "Superior Family"

My name is Dave and I am out of the Kingsport TN terminal. I just spent a week with Jack and Robert in Greer and am heading out next week.

I pulled tanks with Tidewater, then A&R, then flatbeds and now back to tanks. Once a tanker yanker, always a tanker yanker!!

5. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Cool welcome to the club. I had dinner with a Kingsport driver out in Barstow a couple of weeks ago. You probably know him. he started out at Tidewater also. Goes by the handle "Puddin". Quite the character.

6. Firebird

Aug 13, 2006
    Bristol, VA
    Puddin' is a character, no doubt about that. I was there when he got his nickname in Kinston SC for the TWT orientation. He makes an impression on people and he isn't the kind of guy you will forget anytime soon.

He and I got out of driving school at the same time and TWT was both of our first jobs.

Thanks for the welcome. I got my truck today and brought it to the house just to get moved in.

7. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    well,good luck to ya, good ole ronnie is in dispatch as long as you like kissing his **** you'll do fine.

8. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    that's alot of companies in four years.

9. Firebird

Aug 13, 2006
    Bristol, VA
    it's actually six years, haven't changed my status.

stayed with the first one 1 year, then 2, then 3.

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I never had much of a problem in Cincy. Driver told me he worked his way up from the tank wash there. Those boys work hard. I can respect someone who works his way up in a company verses being handed it right out of college.

t bird Thanks this.
  11. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    and just in case you don't know where markham,ill is. that will be your second home, alot of friday night's spent there to load the next day, saturday midnight. make sure you check to see if the trailer they say on qualcomm is at joliet preloaded, is not sitting on the markham yard. that's 41 miles one way and it's all on you. remember it's saturday night everybody else is at home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.