Superior Carriers 2011

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Jan 12, 2011.

1. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i tried staying away from markham, but anywhere from cinn. oh. to des moines to midland mi.... markham would put the tractor beam on there truck and i was just along for the ride.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GLADHESGONE

GLADHESGONE Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2009
    CHUCKEY,TN
    Hey Firebird. How do you feel about Superior compared to Maverick? ( sorry to jump in this thread I can't pm) My husband was with Maverick for 2 years til May and got off the road. He can't find anything local driving ( we're about 15 miles from Kingsport) and his factory job doesn't pay very well so he's thinking about OTR again. He liked Maverick but was wondering about Superior. I also heard that with TWT you drive 4 months local, 4 OTR then decide what you want. Thanks for any info.

4. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    there's one main shipper in kingsport and a few tanker companies all binding for there freight, there's another superior driver on here that is out of kingsport he can give you the skinny on that terminal.

5. Firebird

Firebird Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Bristol, VA
    A PM has been sent.

6. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    Well I get that, cinncy has never helped me out either always right back to markham. Got to visit paulsboro and all I can say is WOW! Send me west please. :biggrin_2559:

7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    8/22-8/23

Pretty laid back week. Below average money wise. Waited around all day Monday for a system load to get ready at my favorite paint company. Finally headed out for Holland Mi around 7PM.

I decided I didn't want to be in a driving all night schedule so I shut down around 11 PM Monday, took 8 hrs in the sleeper and headed out around 7 AM Tuesday. After a 2 hour lunch/shower break i headed to the plant arriving around 7 PM. They took around 4 hours to get me unloaded, but let me stay at the plant to complete my break.

I got a load out of AOC picking up Wednesday at 1600 after dropping the tank at Westfield In. Since I had to start my day when I left the plant I went ahead and tried to get get that load around 10:00 AM. It wasn't loaded yet so I hung around the Pilot for about 5 hours. Load was scheduled on almost exactly 15 hours of down time so no layover pay on the front end.

It didn't deliver until 11 AM Friday in Bristol Va. so I ran out my 14 Wednesday and took an 8 hour sleeper berth break. Headed out around 4:30 AM Thursday and shut down about 90 miles from the plant. That gave me around 6 hours of layover pay on the back end.

Delivered the load Friday and was tankwashed home for the weekend.

I was offered several loads for next week. 3 were in the 5-600 mile range leaving Mon and delivering Wednesday. The one I took was a shorter dedicated P&G out and back load. I will head out Tuesday with it and will be back in High Point Wednesday with 700 plus miles. I trust Scott to find me something better for the end of the week than the system. A 3 day weekend is nice as well.

8. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    if you turn left out the gate to the tankwash and cross bridge into town there a chinese restaurant on the right in that shopping center that's pretty good. plenty of parking. paulsboro is much better than keasby, i got lost coming out of keasby rather than going in.

9. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    Thanks for the tip. I was glad to get out of there before the storm hit. Got my wish headed west tuesday!:yes2557:

10. Firebird

Firebird Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Bristol, VA
    I got lucky and got a really good load out of KPT. KPT to Carson City CA(L.A. Suburb) and then straight back. Out and back dedicated load.

2300 miles each way, customer unload. Can turn it in about 9 days if you run just 8.75 a day so no restart.

Sitting here in Kingman AZ. Get up in the morning and run into Ontario CA to the TA and deliver 6 am Wednsday then start heading back. 380 miles into Ontario and 40 more to the customer.

11. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    That's the load Puddin was on when I met him in Barstow. I am heading to Washington In in the morning to load grain alcohol. Its out and back 1160 paid miles. Sounds like a decent run. Loading is first come first serve so no appointment pressure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.