Superior Carriers 2011

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Jan 12, 2011.

1. TheRealRock

TheRealRock Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Just joking around. That other guy signed up for the express purpose of ragging on you. Must be an OO from Quality. Your OK in my book and certainly not a goon - LOL!

wsyrob Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
  4. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    hey wsyrob have you ever had a pickup in janesville,wi. going to long island,ny. i believe the place was called u.s. wovens. it took about 8 hours to unload. i made the mistake of getting to the gw about 6:30 in the afternoon. but i didn't get lost so thats half the battle.just curious.

5. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Nope never did that one. I was once offered a snot load choice between a Waste Water plant on Long Island and a coal mine in Kentucky. I chose the coal mine.

What was the deal with that delivery? That's one purpose I think this thread could have...give drivers a heads up on the more difficult deliveries. There is nothing worse than going to some place for the first time, having a difficult time finding the place, then wandering around the plant trying to figure out where you need to go.

6. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    Good call Rob. That would be a good way to help each other out. Lord knows our directions and equipment needed sometimes lacks.

7. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    if your talking about the long island load, first of all nobody i had to deal with did'nt speak good english,but they did know there job.upon arrival they had to take the air valve on the dome lid apart to clean out the dried up blockage n the valve to air off.then they have to steam the pipe that goes into the building for about an hour.there was 2 tanks in the building that they used. so after about 4 hours of airing off the one tank filled up. yep you guessed it since they had to switch tanks it started the whole process all over again.when they started unloading again my load guage had a tiny bit of weight.the whole time i was looking at my map to see the quickest way out of there.i believe i hauled bunny across staten island as quick as possible,through rush hour traffic and by the biggest cemetary i have ever seen.

8. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    What product was this? At least it sounds like you were there long enough to log a break. Could you stay at the plant if needed to reset? The waste water treatment plant in Brooklyn will let you sleep there and its fenced in and secure.

9. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    9/17-10/8

Summary of my last few weeks:

9/15-9/24 Vacation (Paid for 5 vacation days)
    9/24-28 High Point - Filer City Mi
    Markham Il - Brown Summit NC
    Off Thurs, Friday

10/1-10/4 Terminal truck Rodeo Sat AM
    Holland Mi out and back paint load

Off Wednesday 10/5

10/6-10/7 High Point- Kreamer Pa system load..deadheaded back to High Point

10/8-10/9 Off for weekend. Panthers-Saints game.

Its been a little slow in the system. They are starting to deadhead you home more to avoid layover pay.

Got one of those sweet Hopewell-Houston-High Point dedicated runs for Monday. They are throwing me a bone for a few weeks of crappy checks. Can't complain about my home time though. I was prepared to miss the Saints game and run this weekend but it worked out pretty well.

I actually asked to stay out but they had nothing out of Karns City.

10. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    i don't remember the name of the product,but it was waxy type of product that once it stopped flowing it was a bear to get going again,there was a pretty good heal but dispatch said that was common for that customer.i didn't stay after delivering because i would have had to stay out on the street,not ideal for after hours. i was talking to a driver in markham and he said schneider scooped up that run, they can have it.they probably under cut the load anyway....

wsyrob Thanks this.
  11. Longevity

Longevity Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Hampton Roads, Virginia
    Hey wsyrob.

Thanks for doing this thread man. I've been on here trying to find good companies and your's sound like one of the best things going. Great pay, great home time and great people. I live out of Hampton VA and spoke to Larry in Aurora and man I tell you this seems like a drivers dream. I looking to move to Atlanta too so this makes it even sweeter. I'm applying online right now and hope I hear something back soon.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.